Technical Manager, Restaurant Food Safety and QAMarylebone, England 83 Baker Street, W1U 6AG
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the Technical Manager, Restaurant Food Safety & QA, you will support Chipotle’s international growth and expansion plans by partnering with our restaurant operations teams, cross functional restaurant support partners, local regulators, and food safety consultants to ensure that world class food safety programs are implemented and executed in all countries outside of North America.
The Technical Manager, Restaurant Food Safety & QA will support the company strategy with: crisis management, incident response, oversight of third-party food safety audits, interactions with regulators, as well as acting as a subject matter expert to support the development of training materials. Food safety is a vital component to Chipotle’s business success, so this position requires specialized education, knowledge, and experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Contribute to the development of food safety policies, procedures, and materials for all locations and restaurant employees within scope of responsibility (i.e. all countries outside of North America).
· Drive food quality and food safety improvement projects consistent with Chipotle’s World Class Food Safety Strategy.
· Develop relationships with pertinent regulatory agencies; keep current on changes in regulations and standards and communicate those to restaurants, training as needed. Follow up on issues identified in inspection reports to ensure they are remediated and test for recurrence.
· Analyze food safety data and trends to proactively improve food safety performance and compliance.
· Support operations during food safety emergencies and manage escalated imminent health hazards, to determine who needs to be involved and determine business impact. This includes after hours availability to determine when to close, report to local health authorities and potentially escalate to executive leadership.
· Serve as Food Safety subject matter expert supporting Operations Leadership by providing guidance and sharing expertise on Food Safety programs and issues.
· Manage escalation and response for all pest related issues, including infestations.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· B.A./B.S. in General Science, Food Science/Technology, or Human Nutrition. (Master’s Degree M.S. preferred).
· 5-8 years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance, preferably with a large restaurant company.
· Training, certification and experience and strong working knowledge of EFSA, CODEX, Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority regulations, Food Code and HACCP. Knowledge of USDA and US FDA is also preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the company and with suppliers
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to support restaurants including occasional nights and/or weekends.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to collect and utilize data to make recommendations that would reduce risk factors.
· Be driven to continuously improve, be self-motivated, manage time constraints, and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
· Have a working understanding of domestic and international regulations related to restaurants
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: England - Marylebone - 9013 - International Operations-(09013)
9013 - International Operations-(09013)
83 Baker Street
Marylebone W1U 6AG
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job