Sr. Director, Government AffairsWashington D.C., District of Columbia 1300 Connecticut Ave NW, 20036
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the Senior Director, Government Affairs, you will be responsible for developing a government affairs strategy that builds positive relationships with all relevant local, state, and federal stakeholders in order to share Chipotle’s purpose to Cultivate a Better World and to ensure Chipotle’s ability to accomplish its business goals. This individual will be responsible for identifying trends that will shape public policy discourse and create and implement a strategy to promote Chipotle’s interests in response to those trends as well as translate policy implications in support of the legal, people experience, operations, and communications teams. This individual will provide overall strategic direction by analyzing public policy proposals for their impact on Chipotle and its stakeholders and recommending Chipotle engagement, if required. Finally, this individual will be responsible for managing and guiding Chipotle’s industry trade associations by collaborating with industry peers to ensure public policy outcomes that benefit not only Chipotle, but the restaurant industry broadly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and implement a strategy to promote Chipotle’s interests that is based on the analysis of legislation, regulations, and other public policy proposals and trends relating to labor and the workplace, supply chain and agriculture, sustainability, privacy, tax, immigration, new restaurant openings and other areas impacting our operations and employees.
- Represent Chipotle’s policy positions and initiatives with internal and external groups, including engagement with policymakers to discuss company positions; advancing the company's position at industry and legislative events; making presentations at relevant conferences and panels; testifying at legislative hearings; and discussing key emerging issues or pending legislation with external stakeholders and partners.
- Relationship building and influence of local, state, and federal officials as it pertains to issues and legislation that could affect Chipotle. Actively participate in national associations (e.g., National Restaurant Association) to build partnerships with industry organization experts and other food service companies.
- Identify, track, and analyze policies, regulations and legislation relating to employment and other areas that impact our operations, as well as trends relevant to Chipotle’s public policy concerns to facilitate decision making related to internal policy decisions, advocacy and communications.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support operational excellence, policy creation and employee development in support of compliance with employment legislation, regulations and other public policies.
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of any compliance reports required by local, state or federal laws relating to the Government Affairs function or activities.
- Coordinate with Chipotle Compliance, People Experience and other internal functions as new regulations or laws that might impact Chipotle’s business are introduced.
- Regular travel to D.C. and state capitols to visit with legislative officials.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years’ experience in Communications, Political Science, or related field
- 5-8 years’ leadership experience
- Experience collaborating and operating in a fast-paced growth orientated environment.
- Experience interacting with Executive Leadership Team members.
- Experience designing and implementing coherent company strategy that addresses public policy trends that impact the company and its stakeholder.
- Experience preparing lobbying reports required by federal and state laws; experience setting up a PAC and managing administrative tasks related to it, including donation solicitation strategy.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate policy analysis for stakeholders and collaborate across the organization.
- Must have the ability to build effective relationship and influence skills key external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Experience as a dynamic leader with strong strategic and organizational skills that is adaptable to fast-paced environments.
- Experience with Government Relations and Lobbying with federal, state and local governments. Experience building a new organization and establishing its process, procedures and practices.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $250-315,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: District of Columbia - Washington DC - 3910 - Dupont South-(03910)
3910 - Dupont South-(03910)
1300 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington DC 20036
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job