Restaurant Design ManagerToronto, Ontario 323 Yonge St. Unit 114, M5B 1R7
Manages and produces design and construction documentation for new restaurants in a specific geographic market, within established time frames and budgets, and in a manner consistent with established trade dress standards and guidelines. Performs design analysis, research, and development for all custom trade dress, kitchen and signage systems relating to Chipotle’s design package.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Initiating project file setup and coordinating dissemination of project data to interested parties & overseeing project start up by preparing architectural portions of standard initial design package, visiting proposed premises, preparing reports with findings and recommendations, reviewing lease letters of intent, and maintaining on-site documentation.
- Performing due diligence on proposed premises such as evaluating zoning and planning regulations and building code deficiencies; landlord rules and regulations governing construction, sign exhibits; verifying existing civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems; preparing preliminary floor-plan layout studies; and assessing probable construction cost.
- Developing preliminary kitchen and dining room layouts, obtaining necessary reviews and approvals of such layouts, creating interior and exterior elevations, sections and large-scale details in sketch form, and communicating approved designs to local market consultants.
- Managing, reviewing, and approving construction documents, and transitioning project to operations and/or construction administration
- Establish, implementing, and managing a schedule for the design and documentation of multiple new restaurants at varying stages in the design development and review process & responsible for input and on-going maintenance of all design data in Chipotle's project management systems
- Maintain close relationship and communication with Operations partners throughout the new store development process
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S./M.S. in Architecture or an equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with successful retail (QSR preferred) design field & 5 years technical and project management experience in the fields of architectural design and/or construction administration.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and other pertinent computer applications.
- Knowledge of new building construction and development; restaurant design and development; building renovation and investigation; building, energy, fire mechanical and electrical codes, and sustainable building practices
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
The salary range for the position is $89,000 to $171,000. The appropriate salary will be selected from this range based on factors including skill level, experience, and/or education. This position is also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, RRSP matching, sick leave, vacation time, and much more.
Primary Location: Ontario - Toronto - Ontario Canada Field Support-(99601)
Ontario Canada Field Support-(99601)
323 Yonge St. Unit 114
Toronto M5B 1R7
Chipotle has policies and procedures in place to accommodate persons with disabilities or who otherwise require accommodation in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. Please notify the hiring manager should you require an accommodation.