Kitchen LeaderToronto, Ontario 4 King St. West, M5H 1B6
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As Kitchen Leader, you will learn how to prepare great food, grill meats, and sauté vegetables. You are responsible for making sure our food is absolutely delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers.
The Kitchen Leader helps ensure the quality and safety of Chipotle’s delicious food every day. They see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked; and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process they are serving as a role model for Crew members, helping them learn to become future Kitchen Leaders. At its core, as with every position at Chipotle, it is about promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, the Kitchen Leaders are always busy on their feet, accomplishing their station’s goals, taking on tasks that they see that need to get done, and pitching-in to help their teammates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
- Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
- Supporting a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
- Developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Leaders
- Communicating with Crew members and customers effectively in order to ensure great customer service and throughput
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
- Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
- Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
- Filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Inventory Rotation (FIFO)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have Chipotle Crew member experience
- Have the ability to understand and articulate Chipotle’s Food With Integrity philosophy
- Have the knowledge and ability to speak, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
- Have a high school diploma
- Have restaurant experience
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: Ontario - Toronto - 3900 - 4 King West-(03900)
3900 - 4 King West-(03900)
4 King St. West
Toronto M5H 1B6
Chipotle has policies and procedures in place to accommodate persons with disabilities or who otherwise require accommodation in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. Please notify the hiring manager should you require an accommodation.