Restaurant Design ManagerSeattle, Washington 1501 4th Avenue, 98101
Manages and produces design and construction documentation for new restaurants in a specific geographic market, within established time frames and budgets, and in a manner consistent with established trade dress standards and guidelines. Performs design analysis, research, and development for all custom trade dress, kitchen and signage systems relating to Chipotles design package.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Initiating project file setup and coordinating dissemination of project data to interested parties & overseeing project start up by preparing architectural portions of standard initial design package, visiting proposed premises, preparing reports with findings and recommendations, reviewing lease letters of intent, and maintaining on-site documentation.
- Performing due diligence on proposed premises such as evaluating zoning and planning regulations and building code deficiencies; landlord rules and regulations governing construction, sign exhibits; verifying existing civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems; preparing preliminary floor-plan layout studies; and assessing probable construction cost.
- Developing preliminary kitchen and dining room layouts, obtaining necessary reviews and approvals of such layouts, creating interior and exterior elevations, sections and large-scale details in sketch form and communicating approved designs to local market consultants.
- Managing, reviewing and approving construction documents, and transitioning project to operations and/or construction administration
- Establish, implementing, and managing a schedule for the design and documentation of multiple new restaurants at varying stages in the design development and review process & responsible for input and on-going maintenance of all design data in Chipotle's project management systems
- Maintain close relationship and communication with Operations partners throughout the new store development process
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S./M.S. in Architecture or an equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with successful retail (QSR preferred) design field & 5 years technical and project management experience in the fields of architectural design and/or construction administration.
- Architectural License Required
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and other pertinent computer applications.
- Knowledge of new building construction and development; restaurant design and development; building renovation and investigation; building, energy, fire mechanical and electrical codes, and sustainable building practices
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Washington - Seattle - 1363 - DT Seattle-(01363)
1363 - DT Seattle-(01363)
1501 4th Avenue