Supply Chain Produce - InternshipSalinas, California 1748 N. Main St., 93906
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
You as an intern will be tasked with leading an 8 to 10-week week project that addresses our key strategic objectives and gives the intern the opportunity to directly impact our supply chain in a measurable way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help with order input/management
- Help Create presentations to help drive the team to better objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Supplier management: assist team in transforming existing supplier compliance programs, along with creating metrics to help track vendor performance.
- Process mapping: create a process flow chart of existing processes, and create SOPs for each process to help standardize and set up the department for future improvements
- Data management of internal platforms for supply chain compliance
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team, interfacing at all supply chain touchpoints by executing operational tasks.
- Supply chain optimization: Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to recommend improvements to current processes
- Assist with additional / ad hoc projects and tasks as required
- USDA market for all Chipotle produce commodities
- Input daily orders and assisted in overseeing multiple DCs
- Attend PMA and network with chipotle suppliers
- Assist with Local Line and Local Grower Initiative
- Assist with sustainability goals and projects
- Calculate freight reconciliation/freight by item, by DC average
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Possess excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Have knowledge of and the ability to use a PC along with MS Office Suite software
- Effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Can audit and review data for accuracy
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
Pay range is $22 - $25 per hour, depending on skill level, experience, and/ or education. Compensation offered is also subject to local wage and hour laws.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Salinas - 99061 - California Field Support-(99061)
99061 - California Field Support-(99061)
1748 N. Main St.