Restaurant Design ManagerSacramento, California 1601 Broadway, Suite 300, 95818
The Design Manager effectively manages the design and construction documentation for new restaurants in a specific geographic market, within established time frames and budgets, and in a manner consistent with established trade dress standards and guidelines. Performs design analysis, research, and development for all custom trade dress, kitchen and signage systems relating to Chipotle’s design package. Works effectively in a Triad which includes a real estate manager and construction manager to effectively grow the Chipotle brand and new restaurant openings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Initiating project file setup and coordinating dissemination of project data to assigned consultants. Managing architect and engineer consultants (among others), the DM will prepare the initial design package (Kick Off Package). Visit proposed premises as needed, prepare reports with findings and recommendations, review LL work letters and maintain on-site documentation.
- Manage several consultants as they perform due diligence on proposed premises such as evaluating zoning and planning regulations and building code deficiencies; landlord rules and regulations governing construction, sign exhibits; verifying existing civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems; preparing preliminary floor-plan layout studies; and assessing probable construction cost.
- Developing preliminary kitchen and dining room layouts, present layouts to peers, real estate and operation leadership, obtaining necessary reviews and approvals of such layouts, creating interior and exterior elevations, sections and large-scale details in sketch form, and communicating approved designs to local market consultants.
- Managing, reviewing, and approving construction documents, and transitioning project to operations and/or construction administration
- Establish, implementing, and managing a schedule for the design and documentation of multiple new restaurants at varying stages in the design development and review process & responsible for input and on-going maintenance of all design data in Chipotle's project management systems.
- Maintain close relationship and communication with Operations partners throughout the new store development process.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S./M.S. in Architecture or an equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with successful retail (QSR preferred) design field & 5 years technical and project management experience in the fields of architectural design and/or construction administration.
- Architectural License Required
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and other pertinent computer applications.
- Knowledge of new building construction and development; restaurant design and development; building renovation and investigation; building, energy, fire mechanical and electrical codes, and sustainable building practices
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $91,000-165,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Sacramento - 3227 - Tower District-(03227)
3227 - Tower District-(03227)
1601 Broadway, Suite 300
- General Manager IrvingTexas 7717 N MacArthur Blvd, Ste 100, Irving 75063-7562 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager PlanoTexas 6202 W Park Blvd, Ste A, Plano 75093 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager AddisonTexas 3771 Belt Line Road, Addison 75001 Apply Now for General Manager Job