Assistant General ManagerNorth Hollywood, California 1843 - NoHo LA-(01843) - 5240 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood 91601 Apply Now
The Apprentice leads the successful day-to-day operations of the restaurant. He/she trains and develops crew, provides exceptional customer service, and maintains budgets set by the General Manager. The Apprentice works shoulder-to-shoulder with the General Manager to prepare for the General Manager role as his/her next position with the company. The responsibilities of this position require the Apprentice to be on their feet during hours worked, unless on break or in the office working on the computer or on other paperwork-related tasks. If they are not busy, they are expected to evaluate what other tasks need to be completed, and assist others with those tasks.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Leading the restaurant team in successful day-to-day operations - by example and by being a role model of the standards and behaviors consistent with Chipotle’s values and culture. Acting as General Manager when General Manager is not present in restaurant.
Training and developing the restaurant team, especially Kitchen and Service Managers. Ensuring that employees are paid properly, receive appropriate benefits, and are prepared for additional career opportunities.
Identifying talent, interviewing, and hiring new Crew. Participating in personnel decisions regarding the restaurant team, including transfers and terminations. Writing schedules that meet the needs of the business so that a great customer experience is delivered while maintaining financial responsibility. Assisting the General Manager in performing administrative duties including payroll, inventory, food ordering, proper cash handling, etc. Successfully communicating company changes/focus to the team.
Building sales and managing the restaurant budget. Maintaining a clean restaurant with excellent quality food and customer service. Maintaining cleaning and sanitation standards within the restaurant. Assisting with local store marketing opportunities. Ensuring that safety and security standards are emphasized and adhered to, and that employees are trained in appropriate responses to unsafe situations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel
• Speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
• Have the ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• Be able to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
• Have previous supervisory role in the restaurant industry
• Possess exceptional customer service skills
• Be able to lead and develop people
• Have experience as a Chipotle Service Manager
• Have an A.A. or a B.A./B.S in a related field or an equivalent in education and experience
• Have knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
Primary Location: California - North Hollywood - 1843 - NoHo LA-(01843)
1843 - NoHo LA-(01843)
5240 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood 91601
Job: Restaurant Management
Job Posting: Apr. 16, 2019
Job Number: 19012211