Sustainability DirectorNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Sustainability Director creates and oversees Chipotle’s sustainability vision and strategy. The Head of Sustainability leads a team of people managing and executing that strategy to understand, communicate and ultimately improve our company’s overall sustainable impact. They are also responsible for publishing our public Sustainability Report every two years to GRI standard, with a Report Update each year in between the full report.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Creates the sustainability vision and strategy for the brand and our restaurants.
- Oversees all environmental sustainability practices including waste, energy, and water.
- Establishes climate strategy, including Science Based Targets, Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Oversees our waste and packaging regulation program (over 1/4 of all restaurants are under some regulation).
- Manages a team of people executing the strategy for our sustainability vision (3 direct reports).
- Advises on the company's Food & Animal programs and ensures our practices are in line with our greater sustainability vision.
- Collaborates with marketing to help ensure our story is being told accurately and effectively.
- Works with cross-functional partners to deliver on our Food With Integrity commitments.
- Writes our Sustainability Report and Sustainability Report updates (to GRI standard).
- Sets, manages, and monitors public goals in Food & Animals, People and the Environment.
- Primary contact for Sustainability/ESG related Investor inquiries, shareholders and NGO partners.
- Represents Chipotle at public speaking events and through media interviews.
- Oversees and manages the relationship with RiverRoad, our waste management company, and the relationship with Gridpoint, our Energy Management company.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Sustainability, CSR, ESG or related field
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Innovative and creative mindset with ability to establish partnerships and test initiatives to deliver breakthrough results
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,850 restaurants as of June 30, 2021, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2021 lists for Forbes’ America’s Best Employers and Fortune’s Most Admired Companies. With nearly 102,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660