Supply Chain - InternshipNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As a Supply Chain Intern at Chipotle Mexican Grill, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our experienced supply chain professionals and contribute to providing “Food with Integrity.” This internship will provide you with valuable insights into the supply chain operations in a rapidly expanding and dynamic food service company. You will be an integral part of our team and have exposure to the various aspects of supply chain planning, procurement, and logistics, which ultimately will drive results that impact CMG’s bottom line.
To learn more about our Summer Internship Program, please visit jobs.chipotle.com/internships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understanding Supply Chain Operations: Learn how supply chains operate within our organization, gaining insights into procurement, planning, logistics, and distribution processes.
- Relationship Building: Develop the skills to build and maintain positive relationships with existing suppliers/carriers/distributors to ensure favorable consistent quality, and production capacities.
- Market Research: Learn how to conduct research and in-depth analyses on commodities and product categories within our supply chain, identifying market trends, pricing fluctuations, and potential opportunities or risks.
- Negotiation Practice: Gain hands-on experience in negotiation, learning negotiation strategies and techniques to secure favorable terms and pricing.
- KPI Tracking & Analysis: Learn how to monitor, assess, and optimize supplier/carrier/distributor performance, utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as a primary tool for evaluation.
- Collaboration: Learn to work effectively in cross-functional teams, supporting a cohesive supply chain.
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking: Strengthen problem-solving skills to address challenges and bottlenecks in supply chains.
- Project Management: You will have the opportunity to participate in a project and present the results to the entire supply chain team at the end of your internship. Typical projects focus on streamlining supply chain processes and enhancing overall efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- enrolled in a or master’s program in supply chain management, business, or a related field.
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- about the food industry and learning more about chain.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle data accurately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Prior internship experience is a plus.
- Experience in Tableau / Power BI is a plus.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, , real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com.
range is $22 - $25 per hour, depending on skill level, experience, and/ or education. Compensation offered is also subject to local wage and hour laws.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job