Supplier Food Safety TechnologistNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The primary objective of the Food Safety Quality Assurance Department is to support our restaurants by assuring the safest and highest quality foods and ensuring a sustainable, safe, and cost-effective supply from farm to restaurant. This position will be part of a team responsible for assuring the foods we purchase meet our standards and exceed our expectations. The department is empowered to proactively seek new ideas and to grow the sustainable practices of Chipotle suppliers with increased transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a member of Chipotle’s Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) team, the Supplier Food Safety Technologist helps ensure the safety and quality of fresh produce ingredients throughout Chipotle’s supply chain network. This position conducts on-site assessments of growers, packinghouses, processors, and distribution centers to evaluate risk and ensure ongoing compliance with Chipotle FSQA expectations. The Supplier Food Safety Technologist also works with cross-functional teams such as supply chain, logistics, and culinary to evaluate new potential products and/or suppliers, providing technical feedback on capabilities and risk. This role requires travel 50%-75% of the time
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assuring the food safety and quality of existing fresh produce ingredients by evaluating supplier food safety programs and verifying compliance with Chipotle FSQA requirements.
- Performing on-site assessments to evaluate risk throughout all nodes of the fresh produce supply chain, including but not limited to growers, packinghouses, processing facilities, cooling operations, and distribution centers. This includes verification of identified corrective actions.
- Partnering with supply chain and culinary teams to evaluate new potential suppliers and growers.
- Partner with supply chain and logistics teams to disposition non-conforming products at distribution centers.
- Creating and evaluating ingredient risk assessments and supplier improvement plans.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Food Microbiology, or related technical field is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the food/agriculture industry performing activities directly related to food safety (FSQA, auditing, product development, etc.).
- Advanced HACCP certification preferred.
- Lead Assessor Training (ISO 9000 or ISO 22000) is preferred.
- Must be able to travel 50% - 75% of the time.
- Must have experience writing technical reports.
- Must have familiarity with various types of fresh produce facilities, and be comfortable providing technical guidance on process controls and operations.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660