Sr. UI DesignerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
We are looking for a Sr. UI Designer to join our growing design practice at Chipotle. You will be one of the early team members, where you will have influence over the services and tools built by the team.
As part of a highly collaborative team, you own the visual UI definition and execution for web, mobile web, and native app experiences. Partnering with design leads in UX and Research, you will work from existing visual styles, and define new styles as needed. You will present rationale for design decisions, and be able to articulate those decisions to design, product, and engineering teams across locations. Through your work you exhibit a thorough understanding of user needs, and also the importance of delivering against business goals. You are able to work both independently, and collaboratively, problem solving and delivering design systems that meet the highest level of quality and execution and result in memorable and delightful experiences for the customer.
Candidate should have experience building clean interfaces using modern UI web/app design toolkits and be comfortable leading the UI process from initial conception through to development handoff. Ideal candidate is a creative, passionate, and a motivated self-starter that has considerable previous experience working in mobile application and responsive website design.
You will report to our Director of Digital Product Design and will focus on building collaborative relationships with partners, cross functional teams, and leadership groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design interfaces and define visual systems that effectively communicate product function and brand identity
- Effectively translate high-level concepts into tangible UI designs
- Build out functioning design prototypes to share with clients and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate your designs to team members, developers and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor UI designs and emerging technologies.
- Conduct and observe usability testing sessions.
- Work alongside development leads to efficiently and effectively hand off designs to development teams
- Review development work in progress to ensure successful design implementation and consistency
- Support the QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended.
- Work with design Director and team to develop and refine UI/UX design process within the organization
- Provide support and internal training.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proficiency of visual design discipline - typography, grids, color theory, iconography, composition
- Strong understanding of responsive web and mobile app design principles.
- Strong working knowledge of iOS and Android operating systems & design guidelines
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Able to thoroughly understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Adobe XD and CC, Sketch, Zeplin and executing within sprint methodologies
- Proactive, independent working style with effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills (in person, over webex, in email, in documentation)
- Strong collaborator and a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, product owners, product managers, and engineers –
- Desire to learn and grow as a designer.
- Ability to accept and implement design feedback
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Have shipped multiple mobile products
- A design portfolio showcasing your work across different platforms: web, mobile, and applications, is required to be considered.
Nice to have:
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660