Sr. Counsel, Technology and PrivacyNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As a Senior Counsel, you will support Chipotle’s technology, commercial, and privacy contracting initiatives in addition to Chipotle’s overall privacy program goals and operations. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders from across the enterprise to negotiate complex contracts with third parties who provide technology and services to Chipotle in support of Chipotle’s most critical operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take the lead on technology and other complex transactions, handling engagement negotiations end-to-end with limited oversight leveraging your knowledge of key legal concepts and negotiation tactics.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gain an understanding of the product or service the business would like to purchase and determine any impacts to existing systems or processes already in place.
- Be comfortable negotiating with third party suppliers on a wide range of agreement types to include: SAAS / PAAS / IAAS Agreements, MSAs for Professional Services, Subscription Services, License Agreements / EULAs, Data Licenses, and Data Protection Agreements.
- Expertly advise on data protection laws, regulations, and best practices when it comes to privacy law, fair information practices and core privacy and data protection principles. This may also include direct marketing and AdTech techniques, workplace monitoring and online privacy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure privacy compliance in system and process implementations.
- Partner with stakeholders to complete PIAs / DPIAs where required by applicable law.
- Contribute to Chipotle’s efforts to improve and scale its contract operations and be comfortable helping to implement and use contract management software.
- Help to draft and maintain Chipotle’s contract templates and playbooks.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- A Law Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required.
- Licensure to practice law in at least one state with the ability to obtain RIHC status in California (if not already licensed in California) is required.
- 5-9 years of technology, commercial, and privacy transaction negotiation experience.
- At least 1 year of experience building and supporting privacy program goals and operations.
- The following is preferred:
- 7+ years of significant technology, commercial, and privacy transaction negotiation experience (preferably law firm and in-house),
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting privacy program goals and operations.
- Privacy certifications, such as CIPT, CIPM, or CIPP (US / C or E).
- Customer-focused mindset, excellent internal client-facing demeanor and be comfortable providing entrepreneurial, pragmatic, and business-oriented advice.
- A people-focused approach, you thrive on building internal partnerships while working collaboratively with legal teammates, stakeholders, and other Chipotle colleagues.
- Expert problem-solving skills with an ability to resolve legal and business issues effectively.
- A sense of urgency when needed. You are comfortable juggling multiple projects with tight timelines.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $150,000 – 200,000k. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- General Manager IrvingTexas 7717 N MacArthur Blvd, Ste 100, Irving 75063-7562 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager PlanoTexas 6202 W Park Blvd, Ste A, Plano 75093 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager AddisonTexas 3771 Belt Line Road, Addison 75001 Apply Now for General Manager Job