Software Deployment EngineerNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
The Software Deployment Engineer will take a lead role in ensuring the successful deployment and launch of New Technologies and Processes Developed with Chipotle’s Global Team. The role is focused specifically on “New” Technologies and Processes. The position will work directly for the Global Team, and support the Regional Operational Teams in launching these new technologies.
Additionally, this team will support the Design & Engineering team in developing solutions and applications utilizing new technologies and processes, as well as re-engineering launched technologies and processes for continuous improvements. A successful candidate should be capable in the integration and launch of complex automated solutions. These solutions will involve many types of automation including, control integration, vision systems, and process development/optimization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the Deployment, Launch, and Continues Improvement of New Technologies & Process Automation developed within Engineering Teams.
- Support the development of New Process Automation, related to complex material challenges throughout the global supply chain.
- Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Support current production activities when required to ensure high availability of the production systems related to new technologies
- Lead continuous improvement processes to improve machine uptime and reduce machine breakdowns related to new technologies
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quality issues related to new technologies
- Work with developers and release engineers to implement standardized builds and releases
- Implement infrastructure as code including automated creation, settings, and spin down.
- Practice and support the Agile methodologies used at Chipotle
- Troubleshoot and solve deployment issues
- Deploys and verifies successful deployment to stage and production environments
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any discipline), and working experience in-line with role’s level of responsibility.
- Experience working with the following: VSTS or TFS; Jenkins, Team City or other CI/CD systems; Azure and or AWS automation; Terraform; MS Build, NPM, and other build package; Azure PaaS, IaaS, Windows and IIS familiarity.
- Ability to work after hours to support release schedule.
- Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
- Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of June 30, 2019, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 80,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and Executive Chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Information Technology
Job Posting: Aug. 22, 2019
Job Number: 19024593