Sensory Analyst, FSQANewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The FSQA Sensory Analyst will support the FSQA team by conducting sensory and quality evaluations on the full suite of CMG products. The Sensory Analyst will frequently work with CMG's Culinary & Commercialization Teams as well as our suppliers to ensure food items are of optimal quality across the entire restaurant network.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, prepare, & perform product evaluations with & without cross-functional teams on a variety of proteins, legumes, tortillas, dairy, and RTE/RTD products.
- Generate reports/recaps summarizing product evaluation results (including, but not limited to: analytical, sensorial, & microbiological findings) and recommended next steps to be shared with CMG cross-functional teams &/or suppliers.
- Work with other members of the R&D and FSQA Team to generate protocol & associated sensory forms to be utilized in both CMG- & supplier-level analyses. Protocol to be developed varies by product type as well as objective of analysis (product shelf-life, control matching, etc.).
- Work with CMG suppliers & laboratory partners to collect product samples, analyze results, & work with team to update necessary business & quality documentation.
- Work with CMG suppliers to perform root cause analyses of food quality issues. Analyst will obtain pertinent technical documents & data to identify potential issues and prescribe corrective actions.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, Quality Assurance, or related field. (chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or microbiology)
- 1-3 years of experience in Industry setting, preferably in a QSR or Food Manufacturing environment
- Past sensorial training or willingness/ability to be trained
- Past culinary training or willingness/ability to be trained
- Perform sensorial evaluation on a wide variety of products.
- Possess a strong understanding of Food Science principles, sensory analysis, & food preparation techniques.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to articulate meaningful findings/feedback to commercialization teams.
- Proactive individual who continuously takes initiative to ensure necessary steps & materials are being completed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other software necessary for data entry and reporting.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $74,000 - $101,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660