Senior Scrum MasterNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As a Senior Scrum Master at Chipotle, you will guide our Agile delivery teams and foster a culture of relentless improvement, collaboration, and ownership. You will utilize your exceptional coaching and leadership skills to empower team members and stakeholders to embrace and implement Agile methodologies throughout the organization, particularly Scrum and Kanban. Ensuring that Agile values and principles are upheld, you will contribute to successfully delivering high-quality products and services to our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Delivery: Continuous focus on initiative and feature release plans and sprint delivery efficiency and efficacy.
· Agile Coaching: Provide expert-level coaching and mentorship to multiple Agile delivery teams, Functional Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, and stakeholders on Agile values and principles, and Scrum/Kanban methodologies. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement strategies to enhance team and department efficacy, efficiency, productivity, and overall Agile maturity.
· Process Ownership: Take ownership of the Agile processes and frameworks within the organization. Continuously monitor and evaluate the Scrum and Kanban processes, adjusting as needed to align with best practices and business objectives.
· Facilitate Scrum/Kanban Events: Lead and facilitate Scrum and/or Kanban ceremonies, including Daily Standups, Refinements, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives. Ensure that these events are conducted effectively and that the team remains focused on delivering value.
· Team Empowerment: Empower Agile delivery teams to be self-organizing, cross-functional, and accountable for their commitments. Remove or mitigate any obstacles or impediments hindering the team's progress.
· Metrics and Reporting: Develop and maintain relevant Agile metrics and reports to provide insights into team performance, velocity, and product delivery. Use data-driven analysis to identify areas for improvement. Ensure Agile delivery teams utilize a quantitative story in combination with a qualitative story to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Collaboration and Communication: Foster a culture of trust, open communication, and collaboration between teams and stakeholders. Facilitate effective communication channels to ensure transparency and alignment across the organization.
· Team Leadership Alignment: Foster’s relationship of trust, collaboration, and transparency with the local team leadership (Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Development Lead) to effectively align on team issue resolution and opportunities for the Agile delivery team.
· Relentless Improvement: Lead relentless improvement initiatives within the organization by identifying opportunities for enhancing Agile processes, team performance, and overall efficiency with your teams and in partnership with the Agile Delivery Office.
· Agile Mindset: Promote and reinforce the Agile mindset, emphasizing values such as openness, courage, respect, and a focus on delivering value to the customer.
· Assists in developing the skills of other Scrum Masters.
· Assists management in facilitating Scrum of Scrums and Quarterly Planning activities.
· Supports the deployment and release process.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Business or Technology related discipline from 4-year college or university preferred.
· 8+ years of work experience. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in Agile, Scrum/Kanban values and practices. Proven track record of coaching and maturing Agile teams.
· 0 – 1 years of supervisory experience.
· Advanced Agile certifications are required.
· Agile Lifecycle Management tools such as Jira, Jira Algin, and Confluence are required.
· Extensive experience with Kanban methodologies and tools is required.
· Demonstrated success in effectively coaching and mentoring teams to adopt Agile principles and practices.
· Strong understanding of Agile principles, values, and frameworks, with the ability to adapt them to fit the organization's needs.
· Excellent facilitation and communication skills to lead and inspire teams and stakeholders at all levels.
· Proven ability to identify and resolve impediments, both at the team and organizational levels.
· Track record of fostering a culture of accountability, ownership, and continuous improvement.
· Training in Agile values and principles, Scrum and Kanban preferred.
· Recommends methods for improved work processes, coaching others, and servant leadership preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $126,000 - $176,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- Crew Member KeizerOregon 6198 Ulali Drive NE, Keizer 97303 Apply Now for Crew Member Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- Service Leader Lutherville-TimoniumMaryland 1830 York Road, Lutherville-Timonium 21093 Apply Now for Service Leader Job