Senior Manager, Quality AssuranceNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
Senior QA Manager to oversee experienced teams of QA professionals and testers continuously improving the quality of customer-facing digital platforms created by Chipotle. This senior role is best suited to a technically strong QA manager with leadership and team building skills.
HOW YOU’LL LEAD
This position will leverage your leadership and business acumen as you create the vision and provide strategic direction for the development and implementation of QA systems, processes and tools that facilitate company-wide goals. You will build, manage and continuously develop direct reports by establishing performance goals, measuring the outcomes, and driving employee engagement. As a highly collaborative leader, you will also liaise with development and operations to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices. Guide and mentor the organization on quality principles such as system, functional, integration, regression, load/performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework to ensure and continuously improve quality of assigned products.
- Plan and lead release and system acceptance testing, collaborating with development and product managers to create and execute test plans.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology stakeholders and champion continuous improvement initiatives in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of industry recognized best practices, appropriate testing tools, test techniques, and test automation.
- Monitor all QA activities, test results, customer escalations, product defects, and root cause analysis of production issues. Identify areas of improvement and implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Experience with Quality Assurance of hardware & software solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 years of relevant experience and at least 3+ years of experience of leading teams. 8 years background in software Quality Assurance and software development lifecycle management
- 5 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, and Microsoft SQL is a plus or equivalent technologies
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, webdriver.io, and SpecFlow is a plus or equivalent technologies
- Experience with performance testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Experience with hiring, training and mentoring quality assurance engineers (both manual and automation).
- Minimum of 5 years software testing experience, including analysis, writing test cases, developing automation and working with databases.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of June 30, 2019, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 80,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and Executive Chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Quality Assurance
Job Posting: Sep. 25, 2019
Job Number: 19027492