Senior Manager, Environmental Health and SafetyNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for creating and executing an enterprise level Health and Safety program for all restaurant locations and RSCs. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining metrics on program compliance, developing a training curriculum, which would focus on maintaining regulatory compliance, addressing health and safety gaps, as well as serving a subject matter expert on changing OSHA regulations at the state and federal level.
- In partnership with key stakeholders develop and lead an expansive EH&S strategy by creating a comprehensive OSHA compliant safety program including training materials, curriculum, audit development and reporting.
- Partners with key stakeholders (e.g., Worker Compensation Team, Asset Protection, Field Leadership, RSC leadership, etc.) to understand current accident trends in order to tailor programs to address these issues and mitigate risk with an eye toward claim reduction.
- Partner with Restaurant Operations Team to embed safety training into current training programs
- Partner with Field Asset Protection team in development of in restaurant and remote operational audit additions to ensure compliance.
- Serve as subject matter expert in Health and Safety area ensuring changes to state and local OSHA programs are up to date.
- Lead, support and participate in timely investigations, with the support of the Legal Team, of major accidents/incidents to identify root causes and corrective actions; assesses risk and behavioral patterns and follow state and federal compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- 8+ years of experience in managing a Health and Safety Program (Restaurant experience preferred).
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour Course required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM) preferred.
- Advanced level of administrative and technical knowledge in OSHA regulations required.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards focused on: multi unit/multi jurisdictional OSHA safety programs with specified experience in the retail or restaurant environment. Ability to administer program through partnerships and direct supervision as well as maintain OSHA standards in both a restaurant and home office environment. Will serve as subject matter expert on OSHA program updates while working closely with compliance, legal, risk and restaurant operations functions.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,650 restaurants as of June 30, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 91,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and former executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visitWWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660