Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & InclusionNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the Senior Manager, DEI you will uphold our CMG stance on being a people-focused company rooted in its values with a purpose to Cultivate a Better World that extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. You will be dedicated to investing in our talent’s future and partnering together to positively impact the communities we serve. Most notably, you will be creating and implementing initiatives across People Experience on how we attract, engage, hire and retain talent in order to foster a culture that ensures equity and celebrates inclusion. Our commitment to DE&I is not a moment, it is a movement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Research, develop and execute creative DEI strategies and programs that align with Chipotle’s values and goals.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate DEI practices into all aspects of the organization, from recruitment and retention to training and development in both field and corporate populations.
· Provide thought leadership on industry best practices, staying up to date with emerging trends, compliance, legislation, and advancements in DEI.
· Prepare reports and analyze data and metrics to track progress, identify gaps, and recommend actionable insights to senior leadership.
· Identify requirements for frameworks and tools for recruitment, performance management, career and succession planning, compensation and benefits and employee on-and-offboarding to promote understanding, empathy, and cultural competency among employees.
· Advise, influence, and make recommendations to senior leadership on DEI-related matters, advocating for meaningful changes and policies that drive positive impact.
· Guide strategy for organizational communications and website content in, partnership with our communications functions, to build access, awareness, and education across the organization.
· Partner and coordinate with People Experience Partners to guide ERG Leadership and affinity networks; supporting their growth and impact on fostering an inclusive workspace
· Partner with external organizations, community groups, and institutions to expand our network and deepen our community engagement. Attend special events as needed.
· Act and represent CMG in a variety of industry, institutional, and/or professional forums, boards, and committees to promote brand efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred.
· 5 – 7 years in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) business practices
· 3+ years of experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion roles, with a focus on strategy development and implementation.
· Strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Proven track record of collaborating with and influencing stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
· Data-driven mindset, adept at using metrics to measure and communicate progress.
· Experience designing and delivering training programs on DEI topics.
· Passion for fostering an inclusive workplace and advocating for underrepresented groups.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $142,000 – 200,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660