Senior Manager, Business IntelligenceNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Data and Business Intelligence team is responsible for unlocking the data and insights necessary to support the continued transformation of Chipotle into a modern, digitally enabled company. This role is an integral part of the team’s success by owning enterprise reporting and Data Self-Service strategy and delivery to ensure Chipotle has the data and insights needed across the company.
The Business Intelligence Senior Manager is responsible for establishing enterprise BI solutions that deliver diverse reporting and analytic capabilities for all of Chipotle both in our Restaurant Support Centers and in the field operations. He/she brings extreme passion and advocacy to building a culture of data driven decision making through outstanding information delivery solutions. He/she leads business intelligence for Chipotle to ensure enterprise BI solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible, low maintenance and above all provide the key insights to the right people at the right time. We are looking for a leader to drive a team in building out our business intelligence platform, to build and support long term business intelligence strategy. He/she will be responsible for leading a team in all facets of architecture, design and delivery of reporting and data self service solutions. This manager will own the full suite of Business Intelligence reporting solutions within the Microsoft BI stack, including PowerBI Premium, Reporting Services, SSAS (Tabular and MOLAP) with over 10,000 users, while collaborating with the leadership team on the overall architecture and self-service strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Being the advocate of BI and Enterprise Reporting for data driven decision making across Chipotle through strategic leadership and guidance.
- Being responsible for the end to end ownership of the business intelligence reporting team, including delivery of high quality data self service and reporting solutions, aligning to the overall BI strategy and Chipotle strategic objectives.
- Promoting best development best practices, coaching, mentoring and developing the team members.
- Designing and building BI strategies for strong user experience and adoption while providing data and insights to drive key business decisions.
- Work closely with the business and Product Manager/Owners to define scope, project plans and schedules across the BI portfolio.
- Manage the release process within information delivery across the BI portfolio.
- Manage escalations, change controls and risks across all levels and parties.
- Drive innovation on development of tools, reporting improvements, automation and creating new insightful ways to present reporting.
- Conduct research into current and emerging business intelligence technologies and issues in support of information delivery needs and working cross functionally within the organization to ensure that the right data is collected, processed and enable smarter data driven decisions.
- Efficiently managing reporting environments to ensure meeting customer needs and supportability, scalability and stability. Occasional night and weekends may be required.
- Contribute as a thought leader in identifying key performance metrics for the company.
- Support the team and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert in best practices, delivery and the BI Strategy.
- Continuous evaluation for opportunity to improve current processes and find efficiencies utilizing industry best practices.
- Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction through implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts.
- Clear communication and driving discussions on data, insights, context and implications with the business and technology partners.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Possess extreme passion for using data and visualization to uncover insights and drive business performance.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including data warehousing and BI tools, techniques and technology.
- Deep understanding of traditional and cloud based BI infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience using BI reporting tools, including creation and automation of enterprise scaled dashboards, reports, scorecards and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
- 3+ years leading technical business intelligence teams with a strong track record in delivering results in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment.
- Experience in managing, designing and delivering large cross functional custom reporting solutions preferably in Power BI Premium.
- Experience leading and developing a data driven culture and leading a community of practice.
- Deep understanding of reporting and data warehousing concepts, best practices, SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Mentor, coach and conduct weekly 1:1 with direct reports that identify best practices and areas of improvement.
- Be a leader in data visualization best practices.
- Possess a strong foundation in data analytics, data-mining and SQL, preferably MS SQL/TSQL.
- Have experience using an agile methodologies and tracking tools (Rally, Jira etc.)
- Demonstrate ownership of outcomes vs. tasks.
- Strong commitment to data governance and security.
- Attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills, logically and systematically.
- Have the ability to multi-task in an effective manner and to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to establish strong relationships and work effectively with BI Leadership, mobile and digital product teams, the enterprise project management office and cross functional teams
- Experience in driving organizational change
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with solid listening, facilitation, and presentation skill
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660