Senior Data Scientist – Enterprise AnalyticsNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
Chipotle is looking for innovative, experienced, and highly trained data scientist passionate about moving our company to the next level of being data driven and advancing our purpose. The Data Scientist will drive internal data analytics projects serving all areas of the company. Investigations will vary from short preliminary explorations to deeper, longer-term studies.
At Chipotle, you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping Chipotle solve our most pressing business opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build the next level of data science capability at Chipotle from hardware and software to best practices to hands on deep diving analysis and models.
- Analyze existing data to generate insights for internal (marketing, product, coaching ops, member ops, sales) audiences.
- Partner with internal customers to define experimental questions and scope for each analytics investigation.
- Own top-notch, first-in-class projects studying internal data from start to finish.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Translate data analytics outcomes into clear visualizations understandable to laymen.
- Report on analytics findings to senior leadership to inform key business decisions.
- Solve challenging analytical problems, which requires working with large and complex data sets and applying analytical methods including machine learning and statistical approaches as needed.
- End-to-end analysis including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Prototype and build analytical pipelines using various data sources to provide insights at scale.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams and work closely with them to identify opportunities to improve on platform.
- Develop analytical solutions, create forecasts, and optimize methods to improve the quality of user experience. Areas include: search quality, product recommendation, end-user behavioral modeling, user engagement, pricing, etc.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) based on rigorous analysis.
- Work alongside BI developers, software engineers and data engineers to translate algorithms into viable solutions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Hold a scientific degree (CS, Statistics, Engineering, or [Applied] Mathematics), including training in statistical analysis and experimental design. Advance degree preferred while not required. Skilled in critically thinking through a research question, optimal methodologies, and clear operationalization’s of hypotheses.
- 5 or more years of experience as a data scientist or predictive analyst/modeler
- Expertise and hands on experience with statistical modeling and machine learning software (Python, R, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of database query languages (SQL) and an understanding of relational algebra and set theory
- Comfort with common applied ML strategies and ensemble methodologies (e.g. train/test/validation sets, feature engineering, accuracy assessment) and experience using supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- Passionate about storytelling with data. Ability to port analytics outcomes into interactive- or presentation-based media (e.g. D3, Shiny, PowerPoint/Keynote).
- Understand technical basics of data visualization and common pitfalls. Ability to make clean, elegant, informative graphs (knowledge visualization packages in Python/R).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present data science findings to sizable audiences of laymen and specialists alike.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team
- Desire to use or create standards, consider reusability, and have a long-term view while understanding short-term needs
- Self-starter who provides ideas and solutions and understands various approaches within the BI discipline
- Restaurant or Retail industry experience (nice-to-have)
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Information Technology
Job Posting: Oct. 22, 2019
Job Number: 19029953