Senior Data EngineerNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
We are looking for the Sr. Data Engineers who will help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our past. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks, love to make a difference, want to cultivate the better world, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Senior Data Engineer for Enterprise Data Management at Chipotle will be assisting in building the innovative enterprise data solution leveraging both cloud and on-prem technology. You will be responsible for building data engineering solution and processes to enable analytics, business intelligence, MDM and mobility. This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the new data pipelines to leverage data at scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Chipotle is seeking highly motivated, results oriented individual with strong data engineering skills in MS Stack and cloud technologies for Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence function. This role will influence the future processes and architecture to make difference at enterprise level. You will be part of the exciting journey at Chipotle. The responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Develop data ingestion and integrations (REST, SOAP, SFTP, MQ, etc.) processes
- Take ownership of building data pipelines
- Actively engage in technology discovery and implementation for both on-prem and in Cloud (i.e. Azure or AWS) to build solution for future systems
- Develop high performance scripts in SQL/Python/etc. to achieve objectives of enterprise data, BI and analytics need.
- Incorporate standards and best practices into engineering solutions
- Manage code versions in source control and coordinate changes across team
- Participate in architecture design and discussions
- Provide logical and physical data design, and database modeling
- Be part of the Agile team to collaborate and to help shape requirements
- Solve complex data issues around data integration, unusable data elements, unstructured data sets, and other data processing incidents
- Supports the development and design of the internal data integration framework
- Works with system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Partner with enterprise teams, data scientist, architects to define requirements and solution
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have a B.A./B.S. and 5-8 years of relevant work experience; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Stack – SSIS, SQL, etc.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience with the Agile development process preferred
- Proven track-record of excellence and consistently delivered past project successfully
- Hands on experience with Azure data factory V2, Azure Databricks, SQLDW or Snowflake, Azure analysis services and Cosmos DB
- Experience with Python or Scala.
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment on Azure
- Experience with large scale data lake or warehouse implementation on any of the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Manage financial information in a confidential and professional manner
- Be highly motivated and flexible
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to detail
- Have experience in a multi-dimensional data environment
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Information Technology
Job Posting: Jul. 31, 2019
Job Number: 19021851