Senior Analyst, Sales & Supply Chain FinanceNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Senior Financial Analyst provides analytical support and guidance on key business decisions, finance issues, and projects in relation to Sales, Marketing, Menu Innovation, Cost of Sales and Supply Chain
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ad-hoc financial and non-financial analysis supporting Marketing, Menu Innovation & Supply Chain
- Annual planning & budgeting & quarterly forecasting for specific areas of Chipotle's P&L in addition to departmental G&A and Capex
- Ongoing performance analysis compared to plan & forecast
- Identifying & pursuing opportunities for increased profitability or efficiency
- Creating and maintaining rich reporting and data visualization to communicate complex business results & aid in the execution of Chipotle's plan.
- Educating non-finance partners of business concepts and increasing the business acumen of departmental leadership
- Influencing departmental leadership to undertake strategic decisions that improve the economic model and help to fulfill Chipotle's vision.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Business, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance, Business, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Experience in multi-unit retail is preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and the ability to proficiently use a PC along with MS Office Suite software with exceptional Excel skills
- Ability to extract and analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and make actionable recommendations
- Proactive mindset that always looks for and comes forward with solutions whenever faced with setbacks and challenges
- Ability to perform ROI, profitability, and variance analyses
- Working knowledge and experience in planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Skilled at presenting financial data to all levels of leaders
- Ability to quickly react and respond to changes in projects or the business
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
- Developing financial models, diagnostic tools, or even new analytical methods to identify trends, interpret results, and optimize profit – both at the restaurant and corporate level
- Coordinating with all levels of leadership, from other analysts to officers, and various departments to assess needs for financial information, and develops reports, analyses, and tools to meet those needs
- Monitoring variances to plan throughout the year, forecasting results and presenting findings to appropriate parties
- Educating various departments and all levels of leadership on financial matters and policies
- Utilizing multiple sources of data to extract, analyze, and report on various items including Sales, ROI on a project, restaurant performance on certain key measures, and G&A spend, presents findings and makes their own recommendations on next steps
- Experience with multi-unit retail preferred
- Experience with PowerBI and Oracle Cloud EPM a plus
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of June 30, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $94,000 to $127,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660