Senior Analyst, Grocery ProcurementNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Senior Analyst, Grocery Procurement is responsible for management of the grocery category, which includes tortillas, dry goods, and other food staples. The senior analyst will play an integral role in setting growth and risk management strategies as well as finding, qualifying, and on-boarding new suppliers. They will also lead in managing the performance of existing suppliers, benchmarking and performing analysis to support negotiations, and reporting on market trends. This role will also work closely with cross-functional partners on menu innovation and other company-wide initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve margin, reduce risk, support Food with Integrity initiatives, and optimize supplier performance without compromising quality or sustainability standards.
- Work closely with the procurement manager to identify, qualify, and negotiate with new suppliers to meet Chipotle’s growth needs.
- Build/maintain excellent relationships with suppliers, ensure they abide by CMG's rigorous supplier policies, fulfill deliveries, and help negotiate with suppliers for favorable pricing, quality, and production capacities.
- Lead execution of commercialization and technology projects in your category.
- Analyze commodity markets and build relationships with our network of market experts, regularly communicating analysis through category reviews, price forecasts, and other reporting.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners on menu innovation and other company-wide initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Supply Chain or Business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with strategic sourcing, procurement, planning, supply chain management
- CPIM/ CPM/Six Sigma or other supply chain profession course preferred
- Analytical skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Project management, strong communication skills and stakeholder management experience required
- Category ownership, negotiation, financial planning, contract ownership experience preferred
- Willing to travel (less than 25% of your time)
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of June 30, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660