Senior Analyst, FSQA (Dairy, Prepared Foods and Ingredients)Newport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the FSQA Sr. Analyst, you will own Chipotle Mexican Grill’s food safety and quality systems for the items in your category including product and facility risk assessments, product specification management, expert understanding of how your items are utilized in our restaurants, enforcement of cold chain and traceability requirements, maintaining supplier compliance documentation, contaminants monitoring program, food fraud prevention, packaging compliance, and other programs as assigned by FSQA leadership. You may also be asked to support other categories such as proteins, prepared foods, and ingredients by ensuring that all supplier documentation and programs are current and easily accessible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct hazard analyses and risk assessments for your assigned category; specific to Dairy, Prepared Foods or Ingredients/Tortillas
- Conduct on-site FSQA audits of new and existing suppliers and facilities to ensure compliance with regulatory and Chipotle requirements.
- Develop and execute proactive strategies to mitigate food safety risk for your category.
- Maintain working relationships with each facility’s food safety leadership.
- Work closely with Chipotle FSQA Team and other cross functional stakeholders on all initiatives that may impact your category.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of food safety and quality associated with your category including the monitoring of restaurant feedback, guest feedback, regulatory activity, product removals, Quality Inspection Protocols, and Distribution Center storage and handling of your category.
- Monitor and report Food Safety and Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) associated with your category.
- Conduct investigations, root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions associated with the real-time monitoring of food quality reports from restaurants and guest feedback.
- Ensure that the FSQA team has the appropriate data and substantiation to support guest-facing nutritional data and claims.
- Support the above for additional concepts and other markets as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in a related field, such as, Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, and/or Food Systems from a 4-year college or university. This formal education must include substantial emphasis on Food Safety.
- Master’s Degree (MS) in Food Science, Dairy Science, or Food Safety preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of the Dairy Industry (production, processing, distribution, and consumption). Substantial experience working within this industry is preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), Schemes, and Certification Bodies
- Familiarity and experience with the requirements of the regulatory agencies responsible for governance over your category (FDA, USDA, state/local agencies), the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, including the Food Safety Modernization Act, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance, and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to travel between 50-75%.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $83,000 to $113,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 10510 Stockdale Hwy, Bakersfield 93311 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job
- Apprentice General Manager BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job