Senior Analyst, Development FinanceNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will provide leadership, analytical support, and guidance on key business decisions, finance issues, and projects to all areas of the business with an emphasis on Development Finance including Strategy, Real Estate, Design, Construction & Capital Budgeting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing financial models, diagnostic tools, or even new analytical methods to identify trends, interpret results, and optimize profit – both at the restaurant and corporate level.
- Performing ad-hoc financial analysis supporting Development initiatives and Merger and Acquisition valuations.
- Presenting project results, recommendations, and solutions to all levels of leadership.
- Assisting Senior Manager, Development Finance in the preparation of Enterprise Plan & performance management strategies.
- Monitoring variances to plan throughout the year, forecasting results and presenting findings to appropriate parties.
- Coordinating with all levels of leadership, and various departments to assess needs for financial information, and develops reports, analyses, and tools to meet those needs.
- Continuously looking for and identifying opportunities in the business and presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Educating non-finance partners of business concepts and increasing the business acumen of departmental leadership.
- Utilizing multiple sources of data to extract, analyze, and report on various items including Sales, ROI on a project, restaurant performance on certain key measures, and G&A spend, presents findings and makes their own recommendations on next steps.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Business, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum of (3-5) years relevant work experience
- Experience with multi-unit retail development strategy a plus
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and the ability to proficiently use a PC along with MS Office Suite software
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Experience with PowerBI, Oracle EPM (Hyperion Essbase) & SQL a plus
- Ability to extract and analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and make actionable recommendations
- Has a proactive mindset that always looks for and comes forward with solutions whenever faced with setbacks or challenges
- Ability to perform ROI, profitability and variance analyses
- Working knowledge and experience in planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Skill at presenting financial data to various levels of leadership
- Ability to quickly react and respond to changes in projects or the business
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
- Minimal travel
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $96,000 to $129,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- Crew Member KeizerOregon 6198 Ulali Drive NE, Keizer 97303 Apply Now for Crew Member Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- Service Leader Lutherville-TimoniumMaryland 1830 York Road, Lutherville-Timonium 21093 Apply Now for Service Leader Job