Regional Training ManagerNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
We’re searching for a Regional Training Manager to partner with operations leadership and participate in cultivating a better world. You’ll be energized by, and passionate about, working with a lifestyle brand and shaping a best-in-class work environment. As a Regional Training Manager, you’ll collaborate with many Cross-Functional Teams and report directly to the Director of Field Training. You will cover the Pacific South region which includes the following states: CA (San Diego to Central, and San Jose) and NV.
Chipotle’s purpose, mission, values and the RTM Top 5 will shape how you approach your job daily. The Regional Training Manager partners with operations to equip teams to build a sustainable training culture. The Regional Training Manager will primarily focus on the network of training restaurants within their assigned region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with operations leadership to identify future certified training managers, troubleshoot usage of training systems and procedures, create and follow up on developmental strategies, certify and recertify training restaurants.
- Lead all company rollouts through the proper cascade of information with operations leadership, hands-on coaching, quick adaptation, and planned follow up.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify training gaps in content, provide input on content development, and provide feedback on final content.
- Test new and revised products, systems, and tools within the region alongside cross-functional teams.
- Monitor training health of region through scheduled field visits and Regional Training Manager Calibration Visits.
HOW YOU’LL LEAD
This position will leverage your leadership acumen with previous enterprise experience and strategic vision in faithfully representing the Chipotle brand. You’ll be a key influencer in the development of field teams. Strong relationship building skills combined with strong operational knowledge and the ability to develop, motivate, and inspire people are hallmarks of success in this position.
- Cultivate a better world by living Chipotle’s values
- Partner, work through, and influence Field Leadership (Executive Team Directors, Team Directors, Field Leaders, Managers) to develop strong restaurant and leadership teams
- Partner and support Regional Training Manager Team peers
- Support New Restaurant Opening Team post-restaurant opening
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Learning and Development, Restaurant Excellence, Facilities, and Field Controllers
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+ years Multi-Unit Experience in Restaurant Operations, Training or related experience required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred
- Strategic and innovative thinker who develops and/or champions new ideas to simplify operations; able to prioritize and use sound judgment and decision-making with savvy business acumen.
- Responsible for improving upon entire processes or systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation skills
- Makes decisions regarding priorities within the immediate job area which have a significant impact on results. Solutions require independent and innovative thinking and creative approaches.
- Capable of collaborating with executives, cross-functional teams, and business partners at all levels
- Excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills to persuade, influence or lead others
- Solid time management skills with the ability to work remotely without daily supervision
- Ability to travel within and out of assigned region 75% of the time
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems including MS Office- Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Outlook, WebEx Teams, Adobe Suite, Smartsheet and able to adapt to new systems quickly
- ServSafe certification, Certified Hospitality Trainer (CHT), Professional in Human Resource, (PHR), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Project Management, Instructional Design, or other professional certificates preferred Check us out at chipotle.com to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job Posting: Oct. 25, 2019
Job Number: 19029974