Real Estate & Asset Senior ManagerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
Lead and oversee the lease renewals team to develop in their roles and business knowledge as well as to ensure our approach with outsource consulting resources is consistent and current with industry standards. Serve as a subject matter expert in lease renewals, relocations, and new restaurant development including lease negotiations. Lead top to top negotiations and renewals with large landlords. A resource for relocation analysis and negotiations within the RE Strategy team and an expert resource for the field real estate teams. Formulates, directs, and presents deal structure proposals in collaboration with Real Estate, Corporate Accounting, Finance, Operations, Legal and other departments as necessary to maximize the ROI of short and long-term lease extensions. Generates significant savings through his/her negotiated lease amendments and protects the brand by extending tenure with fixed rents.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and oversee large landlord relationships, negotiations, and renewals. Support for property management & lease admin in difficult landlord negotiations.
- Generate significant savings through negotiated lease amendments while improving lease terms and tenure.
- Direct and mentor the renewals team to educate, improve and formalize negotiation tactics and strategies specific to Chipotle. Develop subject matter experts within the team.
- Renewals team expert on relocations. A resource for calibrating relo expectations and driving results in collaboration with RE Strategy & field real estate teams.
- Review and publish finalized deals to our executive committee (REAT) in collaboration with lease analysts and coordinators. Presentation incorporates deal terms as well as restaurant level economic impacts from the proposals. REAT is the Chipotle leadership committee with ELT representation from Development, Operations and Finance Officers
- Collaborates with the lease renewals manager in the creation of the 3-year renewal plan during the annual market planning sessions to ensure alignment with Operations and Real Estate. Plan is developed with input from Development leadership
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Required: BA/BS or an equivalent in education and experience in real estate, finance or law
- # of Years: 8+
- Type/Description: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with successful retail (QSR preferred) real estate site selection.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: Real Estate License
- # of Years: 3-5
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven real estate negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of finance and lease concepts including reading and comprehending financial statements
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of a life cycle system like Tririga.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Required: limited travel
- Office Location: Remote
SUPERVISION / LEADERSHIP
- Independence / Level of Supervision Received
- Minimal supervision
- Supervisory / Leadership Responsibility
- Manager of managers (direct supervision of manager level EEs)
- Scope of Leadership
COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCE
- Colleagues and/ or Managers both within and outside own job area or function
- Senior management or executive leadership within department and Operations
- Department head (e.g., CITO, CFO) and executive leadership team
- Level of Communication / Influence
- Interprets and explains information to colleagues and immediate Managers who are not familiar with the job area and often require persuasion
- Persuades, influences or leads others on complex issues of strategic importance to the job area or department . Negotiates deal terms with Landlords.
PROBLEM SOLVING & COMPLEXITY
- Nature of Problems Faced
- Problems are numerous, undefined, and complex, and require thorough analysis and conceptual thinking to understand the problem and its implications. Solutions require independent and innovative thinking and creative approaches.
- Complexity of Job
- Requires interpretation & redefining of methods to perform complex tasks
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes and systems to enhance performance of job area
- Decision Making
- Establishes objectives for the overall direction of the function or department.
- Impact of Decisions
- Significant - decisions have a significant impact on the strategy and results of the department.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660