R&D ChefNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As an R&D Chef and part of the Culinary Team, you will leverage culinary R&D expertise and processes to support the Core and new menu Innovation efforts by leveraging Chipotle’s Stage-Gate Process. Your primary role will be to manage and optimize the Chipotle core menu and provide support for new product innovation. You will partner with our internal cross-functional teams and supplier community to ensure we develop products that meet our standards and Food with Integrity standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Lead Core Menu initiatives and optimizations
· Support new product innovation efforts for Limited Time Offers (LTO’s)
· Execute product R&D, reformulation efforts, product cuttings, tastings, evaluations, sensory testing and more to validate products and processes impacting the Core menu.
· Partner with Operations, Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA), Restaurant Training, Product Development &Commercialization, Supply Chain, Brand Marketing, and Consumer Insights teams to bring new and optimized products to market.
· Collaborate with FSQA on evaluations, presentations, and sensory scorecards, ensuring high-quality products across our restaurants.
· Partner with the Culinary team on Innovation Tools, helping inspire new ideas for the Menu.
· Travel: 15%
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred but not required. Experience, understanding and knowledge of restaurant operations, food manufacturing processes, formulation, and safety measures.
· 5+ years of Culinary R&D experience.
· Preferred certificates and licenses include ServSafe, Culinology, and Project Management.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $83,000-$113,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 10510 Stockdale Hwy, Bakersfield 93311 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job
- Apprentice General Manager BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job