QA ManagerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
HOW YOU’LL LEAD:
Every major deliverable comes with requirement from QA department to propose, prepare and adopt either Manual or Automation test plan document. This is done by analyst or engineer assigned to that deliverable. QA Manager responsibility is to ensure this plan is outlined, that it follows documentation template and guidelines, that addresses what, who, how will be tested and where and that is followed through. This plan also includes Communication Plan that outlines how the testing results will be communicated.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinates project (E2E, UAT, etc.) testing across the department.
- Ensures all use cases are covered and appropriate teams are available.
- During testing phase of any deliverable QA Analysts and QA Engineers are responsible for reporting out daily testing status updates to the scrum team and management. QA managers role would be to ensure those reports get out to appropriate parties on time and with correct and up to date content and ensuring reporting guidelines are followed through.
- Monitors and manages release and deployment process.
- Work closely with development leadership to ensure technical consistency across the departments. This could be technical processes, such as adding new menu items and making sure the changes that dev needs to make in Semarchy and MI are done before testing is started. It could be maintaining consistency between apps written on different platforms, like Android and iOS. Or, it could be setting understanding for how our automation tests work with NOO, for example, and ensuring the development team is implementing tags or other items that make implementing automation easier and more valuable.
- Responsible for driving innovative testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within the organization.
- Participate in both the current state and future state of test planning and execution, including, but not limited to, functional, integration, automation, and regression.
- Coordinates across departments (Dev, PO, PM, Scrum Masters) to ensure visibility and consistency. Ensure on-time deliverables of products by communicating status across the functional areas of the Application Development team. This ensures that all functional areas are one the same page of the features being implemented and brings any blocking items to everyone’s attention as soon as possible
- Closely follow a detailed technical roadmap that aligns with our product vision across different business functions.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of test plan creation, test plan execution, and test results reports.
- Manage, mentor, and guide team members. Oversees the development of the team and directly manages 8-12 direct reports. Manages and sets expectations and achievable smart quarterly goals for each report. Performs quarterly 4*4s and annual performance reviews with each direct report. Analyzes previously set KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for QA teams to ensure team metrics are being met. Reports out to leadership on the effectiveness of the metrics and provides recommendations for changes. Identifies areas of need and addresses any issues or impediments for the team.
- Manages QA deliverables within project and ensures their timely delivery. Creates new and manages existing partner relationships and communications with focus on testing efforts. Analyzes, manages and advises on any QA resource constrains.
- Leads and mentors direct reports by providing adequate training in identified area of focus and works with direct report on establishing plan of action on how to achieve necessary skills or knowledge.
- Able to recognize and award excellence as well as recognize challenges and areas of improvement for direct report and addressing the same.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- 5-8 years of Software Testing and Leadership experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Required skills include: Postman, database experience, test case management tools, Scrum/Agile, cross department coordination, and test strategy planning
- Preferred skills include: Qtest, Rally, Jira, TestRail, Azure DevOps, CosmoDB, MSSQL, Charles Proxy, Swagger, and Splunk
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,750 restaurants as of December 31, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 88,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and former executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660