Public Relations ManagerNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without added colors, flavors or other additives. Chipotle has more than 2,450 restaurants as of September 30, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for an External Communications Manager to support communications activities and the transformation of our brand as well as increasing its cultural relevance. If you’re a high-energy, proactive individual that is passionate about our brand, people, values and the act of storytelling, please read on!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the Senior Director of External Communications and collaborate cross functionally with all departments, drafting external communications from a brand perspective, including speeches & presentations, as well as drafting responses for media requests
- Assist with the execution of press events
- Keep the team updated on competitive and industry trends
- Assist in the development of annual communications plans and strategies, maintain executive leadership communications calendars and more
- Partner with external agencies, non-profits, and internal/external stakeholders to create company-wide and department-centric press releases
- Participate in conceptualizing and executing current and future brand initiatives
- Identify organizational needs both current and future
- Manage a Public Relations coordinator
HOW YOU'LL LEAD
- You’ll be innovative, strategic, and have experience working with media. This is a role that transcends pure PR, and utilizes trend awareness, and social media cues/outreach to accomplish the company goals.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s goals, voice and mission while accurately representing the brand, companywide.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of communications experience
- High affinity for cultural relevancy
- Past experience with media monitoring tools
- Excellent listening skills
- High aptitude of social/digital functions and how it relates to public perception
- Strong writing skills with the ability to pivot and change voice, depending on needs
- High capacity for attention to detail and organization
- Comfort with change in a fast-pace environment
- Strong collaborative skills, with consultative business partnering approach
- Proven experience in owning, executing, and delivering on short/long term projects
- Proactive thinker who can innately relate and connect with many people across cultures, companies and industries
- Previous experience managing multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Public Relations & Advertising
Job Posting: Dec. 05, 2018
Job Number: 18032627