Project Manager, Food Safety & Quality AssuranceNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Food Safety and Quality Project Manager supports the FSQA team by managing all new menu development project work for the department and conceiving, outlining, and developing internal projects as needed. This manager creates project goals and success markers while determining how progress will be measured and tracked. They ensure that the food safety-related tasks of each project are completed on or before the cross-functional due dates and motivates team members and stakeholders to hit their goals. The Project Manager acts as a liaison between the FSQA team and stakeholder management (Brand Marketing, Culinary, Supply Chain, and Operations) and gives updates to the cross-functional teams as needed. They also prepare and present progress reports on relevant metrics associated with each project to be presented across the project teams, including VP-level and higher, within the organization. With the primary focus and oversight of a world class restaurant food safety and quality assurance program, this individual ensures the Food Safety and Quality team is put in the best position to execute and implement projects in a way that ensures Food Safety is built into all new menu items, changes to existing menu items, and any project that improves the Food Safety and Quality of our food. This manager is expected to utilize Chipotle Mexican Grill's internal programs and processes for project management, but is also expected to bring new tools, programs, or processes to the table to ensure the enterprise is utilizing the best tools available to meet project goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with cross functional project teams and stakeholders to communicate FSQA requirements, timing, scope, and metrics required for the successful completion of projects in such a way that ensures Food Safety and Quality are built in each project.
- Delegate project tasks to FSQA managers based on the members’ category assignments, experiences levels, strengths, skill sets, and bandwidth.
- Track performance, analyze metrics, and develop effective reporting mechanisms to ensure successful completion of short- and long-term initiatives.
- Meet budgetary and time-bound objectives and make adjustments or escalate issues related to project constraints when necessary.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and scorecards to be shared with the project team, stakeholders, and executive leadership.
- Monitor industry-best practices related to project management and implement these practices where applicable/appropriate.
- Assisting Chipotle QA team with additional quality assurance and food safety responsibilities as needed (backing up Food Safety Managers and Analysts with Food Safety and Quality site audits when required, quality report monitoring, etc.).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, Quality Assurance, or related field. (chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or microbiology)
- Masters Degree preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance with Project Management experience.
- Able to execute and effectively communicate FSQA requirements and timelines to cross-functional stakeholders (Culinary, Brand Marketing, Operations, & Supply Chain) in order to manage expectations and allow other teams to execute according to FSQA timelines and requirements.
- Enjoys working within quality management systems.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office as well as project tracking/reporting software (primarily Smartsheets).
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and technical skills with the capability to collect and clearly analyze data and report results.
- Possess extraordinary organization skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- Thrive in a fast-moving, high stakes environment.
- Able to occasionally travel by air.
- Able to drive own vehicle to Orange County area restaurants, distribution centers, and suppliers.
WHO WE ARE
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660