Manager, Talent DevelopmentNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Plays a key role in the design and execution of various programs and processes that support Chipotle’s talent development strategy. In partnership with key stakeholders, this individual works closely with the Sr. Manager, Talet Development to build, implement and continuously improve talent development programs, including performance management, talent selection, talent assessment and calibration, leadership and top talent development, succession planning, employee engagement and culture, coaching and performance support and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Previous experience with Workday Talent Tenant is preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Senior Manager of Talent Development to identity and develop strategies and programs that align with Chipotle's talent development strategy and strategic priorities. Partners with internal stakeholders on design and deliverables.
- Use external and internal data to assesses gaps between current state and future state performance/needs and makes recommendations to manage said gaps through surveys, analyses, direct stakeholder engagement, and active work experience
- Partner with key sponsors, stakeholder and CoEs to support the delivery of leadership and talent development programs
- Analyze internal data (e.g. engagement survey results, feedback from employee listening activities, etc.) and external benchmarks to provide insight and recommendations to partners throughout the business.
- Develops internal tools and resources that support efforts to effectively execute on strategies that unlock potential and create capabilities at every level of the organization.
- Identify metrics and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of learning & development programs and identify opportunities for continuous improvements
- Assist with creation and implementation of an enterprise-wide development program for individuals identified as emerging leaders.
- Partner with internal partners to unlock full capabilities of HRIS, Workday, with regards to talent management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related field
- Kron Ferry Instruments experience preferred
- Program and project management skills, with strong time management and organizational skills, knowledge of training and organizational development techniques, experience and knowledge of OD tools, excellent communication skills: verbal, written, editing, presenting, and facilitation, strong influencing and collaboration skills, strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making ability. Data analysis skills are critical to success in this role.
- Responsible for the partnering on the creation and implementation of the talent development strategy that supports our strategic priorities. In partnership with key stakeholders, the incumbent will work closely with the Director, Talent & Learning Development and Manager, Learning & Development, to build, implement, and continuously improve talent development programs including performance management, talent selection, talent assessment and calibration, leadership and top talent development, succession planning, employee engagement and culture, coaching and performance support and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Data analysis and project management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Experience with Workday Talent Tenant, and or Qualtrics XM preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $124,000 to $172,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660