Manager, Social MediaNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for a creative, passionate, no-limits-minded Social Media Manager to create content for Chipotle’s social media channels including TikTok, Instagram, BeReal, Twitter, and Facebook. You’ll strategize, develop, and post content that drives culture, increases brand relevancy, and encourages fans to take action. You’ll work with our Social Listening team to amplify daily engagements from fans about Chipotle and on our owned content to identify bigger opportunities, drive conversation, and build relationships with super fans, like-minded partners, and influencers. You’ll be a student of culture, constantly identifying future trends with a bias for action to activate against ideas quickly. You’ll be energized by our iconic brand and organizational culture with a desire to play a pivotal role on a team of fellow culture-hunters and Chipotle enthusiasts.
As Social Media Manager, you’ll collaborate with partners across the Marketing, Communications, Legal, and Product Departments and report directly to our Director - Social, Influencer & Web3.
If you obsess the customer experience, have a keen eye for detail, live in the deepest parts of the internet, and are a sharp writer who can marry Chipotle’s irreverent brand voice with what the kids are saying, this job is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with our social media agency, platform reps, and Consumer Insights team to develop innovative, insight-driven content
- Challenge the status quo and aim to be a first-to-market brand when opportunities arise, and you’ll raise the bar with brand-first moments on emerging platforms
- Manage production and editorial calendars to support planned and reactive content
- Optimize channel profiles including bios, links, profile images, and cover images
- Use weekly/monthly reports to identify insights for the broader organization and support future strategy development
- Maintain Chipotle’s leadership position on TikTok
- Engage Chipotle’s restaurant team members
- Respond to and amplify daily opportunities with high-profile accounts, in partnership with Influencer lead
- Monitor user generated content for inspiration and reactive opportunities
- Monitor engagement on our owned content to build insights and report on performance
- Submit communication to share owned social media content and news internally
- Support social influencer relations and activations with Influencer lead
- Identifying social influencers that are authentic fans of the brand
- Ideating unique gifts and activations for influencers
- Partner with paid media teams to optimize content for each channel, driving relevancy and purchase.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Design, or Business preferred
- 3-5 years experience in social media marketing for a brand or agency
- Demonstrates a passion for developing innovative, disruptive, and first-to-market social media content
- Passion for Chipotle and the restaurant industry with a track record of social media and/or digital marketing
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple requests and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and opportunity
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $94,000 to $127,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660