Manager, ProcurementNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
You will lead a team of category managers that are responsible for the performance of our chicken, dairy, and grocery categories. You will propose strategy, set priorities, and manage the execution of category roadmaps to deliver on flavor and quality, financial, food safety, and Food with Integrity goals for these categories. A strong leader in this role is well-versed in data-driven decision-making, financial analysis, negotiation, and project management. You are emotionally intelligent with excellent oral and written communication skills and have a demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with supply chain leadership to set category management strategy to determine optimum supplier allocation, pricing, contract structure, capacity, and risk.
- Manage execution of the strategy and own supplier compliance to contract terms, product availability, quality and service level expectations, and cost.
- Manage and empower a team of category managers in the implementation of Chipotle's key initiatives.
- Manage cross-functional projects and work collaboratively with other teams to drive menu innovation, develop, and execute win-win solutions to meet business needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders and ensure they are aligned with Chipotle goals and values.
- Maintain subject-matter expertise on designated categories for both internal needs and external market trends.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Category Management
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Resourceful, works well under pressure, systems thinker, and has a positive approach to working with others.
- Strategy, data-driven decision-making, financial analysis, negotiation, project management, strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of March 31, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660