Lead Data Scientist, Data AnalyticsNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Lead Data Scientist will drive internal data analytics projects serving all areas of the company. Investigations will vary from short preliminary explorations to deeper, longer-term studies. The mandate for the analytics organization is to provide insights, not data. The work entails going deep in any/multiple given area(s) of the business such as digital, people experience, loyalty, customer satisfaction etc. and mining for insights. This will require the lead Data Scientist to work through the full cycle of the project from inception to development to presenting findings to cross functional stakeholders from finance, operations, marketing, digital product etc. Scope of work will vary from reviewing different cuts of the data to developing segmentation using supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms and building forecasting and predictive models using regression and other machine learning techniques. Story telling using the right visualization to lead clarity to presentation is a big part of the role.
The lead data scientist is also expected to keep themselves updated with the latest and greatest happening in the field of data science. They will mentor junior members on the team and lead the way in developing frameworks, exploring new techniques and helping architect the vision and roadmap of the data science function along with the Director of Enterprise Analytics
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following and supporting Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Storytell using the right visualization to stakeholders across org
- Use SQL to query a relational or cloud-based data environment
- Use Python/R to perform data wrangling and creating a dataset ready for analyses, modeling, reporting or visualization
- Use statistical techniques such as hypothesis testing, clustering, regression modeling, machine learning applications
- Work with vendors to perform POCs and move the analytics function ahead by researching new tools, techniques and improve team abilities
- Collaborate with rest of the enterprise analytics team and the broader data and BI team to work on organizational initiatives and help a junior member on the team
- Mentor junior members on the team on defining the problem and helping them layout the method to develop the analysis
- Assist the Director of Enterprise Analytics in laying out the vision and roadmap of Enterprise Analytics
- May perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or any related field from 4-year college or university.
- 8+ years of experience in Data Scientist/Predictive Modeler preferably from retail/restaurant vertical.
- Be skilled in: Python/R, SQL, Supervised and Unsupervised learning methods including (but not limited to) clustering, regression, SVM and other machine learning methods. Proficient with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Preferred Skills: Sales/Demand forecasting, incorporating developed models and algorithms into digital products.
- Individual contributor that works with stakeholders to identify opportunities and develops hypotheses. Queries the database using SQL, wrangles data to research data and present findings, builds algorithms, automates processes using Python/R. Uses modeling and other advanced statistical techniques as necessary. participates in peer review of models developed and has experience operationalizing models into a production environment
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660