Functional QA ManagerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Quality Assurance Manager, Functional Testing will join and assume management function over a strong manual testing quality assurance team and will be responsible for quality and test advocacy, manual QA Analysts resource planning and management as well as resolutions that impede the testing efforts.
HOW YOU’LL LEAD:
The QA Manager, Functional Testing will lead and build up the Manual Testing team. They will establish Key Performance Indicators for the team and overall testing process. They will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, deploying and managing manual resources for testing. Mentor junior, senior and lead Functional software testers / team members. Setup individual and team goals and perform performance reviews.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for defining and driving innovative manual testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within the organization. Collaborate with other team members to maintain Functional testing best practices
- Cross team collaboration with Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Product and Order teams. Collaborate with SCRUM teams to incorporate the effective creation of test cases and plans in each release cycle
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery. Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement. Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the testing team
- Define, design, develop and maintain manual test cases for a variety of applications and services. Help teams understand how manual testing fits into the organizational structure and clearly define its role within the organization
- Troubleshoot and provide suggestions to increase quality of manual test suites of applications to further improve our manual testing efforts and overall testing coverage Report test results and trends of manual test cases to the test management tool. Adhere to already established Testing Guidelines and improve or create new ones.
- Communicate and escalate any deficiencies of code and/or infrastructure to appropriate team for resolution
- Participate or oversee both the current state and future state of test planning and execution of functional testing. Work with senior leadership teams to help define current state of QA and future improvements
- Setup a plan to success with each functional software tester in the group and monitor, review, report their progress throughout calendar year
- Other work-related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 8+ years of working experience in Manual testing with strong focus on Lead and Management responsibilities within last 5+ years
- Experience in writing, executing, monitoring and managing manual test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to qTest, TestRail or similar test tracking tools
- Proven track record implementing load and performance testing strategies and reporting solutions
- Experience contributing to a testing roadmap
- Working knowledge of common software architectures (web/mobile/API/DB)
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (either AWS or Azure).
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Experience with TFS or Azure DevOps, Agile process improvement, CI/CD automation, MS Build, NPM or other packages.
- Ability to work in complex pre-production environments
- Professional attitude, leading by example
- Driven and passionate about quality assurance, software development, and agile methodologies
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills deal effectively with all business units.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,600 restaurants as of March 31, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 85,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and former executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660