Food Safety Quality Assurance Senior AnalystNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
This position supports the FSQA team by managing Food Safety and Quality Assurance for their assigned product categories. This includes conducting hazard analyses and risk assessments for products and conducting on-site FSQA audits of new and existing suppliers or facilities. Working closely with team members, the Food Safety Quality Assurance Analyst will support the FSQA team by managing our Food Quality Reporting System tool (FQRS), responding to customer questions related to quality and food safety, investigating customer incidents, and conducting food and ingredient research. In addition, this candidate will collect, enter, and analyze data, communicate with restaurants via email and phone, write project reports and develop tools and systems to continuously improve food safety and quality. The role will also support the management of our product specifications and associated documentation (QIP, Supplier Manual, etc.).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing assigned food and ingredient categories - hazard analysis and risk assessments, including on-site FSQA audits. Supporting quality improvement programs with vendors, Operations, Training, and Supply Chain teams.
- Working with restaurants, customer service, distributors, and suppliers in the investigation process of potential food safety and quality issues, obtain documents and technical data to determine the root cause of issues and implement corrective actions to resolve these issues permanently
- Collecting, analyzing, and acting upon data from our food quality reporting (FQR) system tool, restaurant tests in addition to writing reports and summarizing findings
- Assuring specifications are kept current by collecting and analyzing data and working with other category owners on improvement projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Microbiology, Food Science, or similar field
- 1-3 years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance - Microbiology, Food Science, or similar field
- Training, certification, and experience conducting supplier and distribution center assessments
- Possess a strong understanding of Food Science principals, sensory analysis, and food preparation techniques. Can execute food research and quality assurance projects
- Able to occasionally travel and able to drive own vehicle to OC area restaurants, distribution centers and suppliers. Strong verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to use a Mac or PC and utilize Excel, Word, Outlook and other software necessary for data entry and reporting. Available some nights and weekends for on-call or emergency situations.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660