External Communications ManagerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The External Communications Manager is responsible for strengthening brand reputation and increasing executive visibility. The individual oversees daily competitive intelligence email, Daily Bites. Drafts interview materials, awards submissions, directs agency partners, coordinates cross-functionally for company news, and staffs media interviews for the executive team. Supports media relations mailbox during non-business hours and oversees corporate LinkedIn account.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle's policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drives strategy for increasing executive visibility: drafts media responses and briefing materials for the executive team
- Compiles corporate and individual award submissions, cross-functionally collaborating with various teams
- Supports crisis communications activities and cross-functional alignment
- Manages daily competitive intelligence email, Daily Bites
- Coordinates brand assets, including images, executive media training, and faq docs
- Advises online content Newsroom and LinkedIn
- Supports external communications team with brand activations and quick turn ideas
- Assists with management of external pr agencies by providing campaign direction and internal updates
- Facilitates interview requests with top executives, taking notes and actioning on follow-up needs
- Oversees media relations voicemail and email box during non-business hours (supports during business hours), routing inquiries to customer service, a respectful workplace, and fundraising teams
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- AP writing knowledge, Prior use of PR Newswire and Cision
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Communications Field
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,750 restaurants as of December 31, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With nearly 88,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology, and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, the founder, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660