Director of Strategic Portfolio Management (22015293)
The Director of Strategic Portfolio Management is responsible for managing and governing Chipotle’s portfolio of strategic initiatives, top technology strategic initiatives, and key initiatives across sub-portfolios, with and through leaders across the organization. They will work cross-functionally with other leaders (typically Senior Directors and above), to help distill the organization’s strategic priorities into specific strategic initiatives that helps us attain our organizational goals. They will do so through collaborative leadership in the areas of strategy, planning, business analysis, what-if scenario planning, road-mapping, prioritization, capacity planning, cost estimation, and value tracking, across the organization.
The successful candidate will gain an in-depth understanding of the Chipotle's ecosystem of people, processes, and tools, including all business functions and value streams they support. They will be directly responsible for running and growing Portfolio Management and Business Analysis capabilities, that staffs a geographically dispersed team of highly talented individuals. Aside from other EPMO departments, they will also work closely with product teams, technology teams, and other business departments.
An integral part of Chipotle’s success, this role reports into Chipotle’s Head of Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). The EPMO function is responsible for the governance and orchestration of Chipotle's portfolio of projects, and is comprised of Organizational Change Management, Project and Program Management, Agile Delivery, and Office of CIO functions. EPMO’s Mission is “To enable strategy and accelerate value realization by orchestrating holistic enterprise outcomes.” By “Getting the right big things done with and through others.”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to living Chipotle’s values, and following and supporting our policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the ongoing planning, scoping, estimating, prioritization, and decision-making functions that align with our Strategic Priorities, being comfortable in a VUCA environment.
- Creating strong partnerships with teams to deliver value to the organization.
- Ensuring engagement and alignment of stakeholders involved or impacted in the ongoing planning, scoping and portfolio management functions.
- Developing and empowering their team – and influence the broader organization – to be the best they can be, demonstrating the behaviors and competencies that foster an environment where problems can be raised in a constructive manner, and without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged.
- Conducting regular check-ins with business owners and relevant senior leadership to provide updates on progress and drive decision making.
- Owning Chipotle’s Strategic Initiatives, Technology Strategic Initiatives and Stage Gate pipeline, and their respective roadmaps, in collaboration with other leaders.
- Future-proofing Portfolio Management, Business Analysis, Value Tracking and other related processes; constantly identifying and implementing improvements; and providing input to the EPMO Operations team to implement EPMO software ecosystem process improvements
- Being an active and engaged member of the EPMO Leadership Team by helping set and drive forward departmental strategy, to meet the evolving needs of the broader organization.
- Managing the annual planning and reforecasting processes in partnership with Finance and Department Leaders.
- Other duties, responsibilities or activities as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years of leadership experience in the disciplines of Strategy, Portfolio Management, and Business Analysis, preferably with some of this experience in restaurant, retail, or hospitality industries.
- 4+ years of leadership and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable ability to listen to multiple stakeholders with varied interests, reflect upon feedback and respond productively.
- Exhibit servant leadership skills to collaborate with others towards a unified vision.
- Experience in collaborating and achieving results in a highly matrixed, complex organization, where leadership extends beyond direct reporting lines.
- Ability to use a variety of communication tools and techniques to present complex ideas to senior leaders, anticipate the potential objections and address stakeholder concerns to ensure alignment and harmonization.
- Experience with portfolio management tools (Clarity PPM, or similar) and agile delivery tools (Rally, or similar)
- B.A. or B.S. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Certifications such as PMP, PfMP, Scrum, Six Sigma are a plus.
- Executive presence, leadership, organization, and communication.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has 3,000 restaurants as of February 16, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2021 lists for Forbes' America's Best Employers and Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With nearly 102,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660