Director of Restaurant and Field TrainingNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is looking for a Director of Restaurant and Field Training to lead a field based Regional Training Managers who are responsible for creating tactical roll-out plans to implement training and execute development programs. The ideal candidate will be energized by and passionate about this transformation with a burning desire to play a pivotal role in creating a lifestyle brand and shaping a best-in-class work environment. The Director of Restaurant and Field Training will collaborate and partner with our field operations and corporate team, and report directly to the Vice President of Operations Services.
HOW YOU’LL LEAD
This position requires an innovative and creative leader with field training and leadership development experience. The Director of Restaurant and Field Training is expected to encourage open ideation and willingness to take risks, while balancing desire to stay true to the brand narrative and overall strategy. Developing great leaders and being the voice of the field are keys to success. This person needs to establish performance goals and measure the outcomes, and through effective leadership, identify and develop restaurant and field leaders. The Director of Restaurant and Field Training will also mentor and lead the employee engagement, acquisition and retention of restaurant and field training managers, and be instrumental in measuring the effectiveness of training and development programs. The influence of this position will be felt company-wide, from brand and customer engagement to overall operational effectiveness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ability to travel 50% of their work schedule
- Establish restaurant and field training implementation strategies for new development program and project rollouts to execute
- Take part in developing and leading Chipotle’s restaurant and field training and development programs, curriculum and learning systems; hosts Train-the-Trainer workshops
- Provide leadership and direction for the execution of the Cultivate University program
- Responsible for the successful implementation of innovative technologies, menu changes, and/or updates or improvements to equipment, processes, etc.
- Conduct a needs analysis by researching and identifying learning gaps and requirements
- Continuously assess and measure the quality and effectiveness of Chipotle’s restaurant and field training programs; update and improve as necessary
- Collaborate and partner with operations and corporate to gain competitive advantage through world-class service and hospitality
- Anticipate and forecast restaurant and field training and development needs to sustain organizational growth, including the development of charters, roadmaps and curriculums
- Provide corporate and field management with insightful reports and analyses related to the effectiveness of all restaurant and field training and development programs and initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years of training management experience including training and development theories, methodologies and strategies
- Requires current or previous multi-state and multi-person leadership experience, preferably in the restaurant/retail/hotel industry
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Organizational Leadership or related field
- A Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- Relevant professional certifications encouraged
- 3-5 years of experience leading people and cross-functional organizations
- Strong ability to own, execute and deliver on short- and long-term projects
- Strategic and innovative thinker; able to prioritize and use sound judgment and decision-making
- Solid project management skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Executive presence with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of collaborating with executives and business partners at all levels
- Expert relationship management experience and skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with field and corporate team members
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Operations Director
Job Posting: Nov. 05, 2019
Job Number: 19030212