Director of PhotographyNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
The Director of Photography shoots compelling and engaging film, multimedia and still content to support Brand Creative and Marketing Content efforts. Creates the visual dynamics of mood, tone, and style in films and photo projects. Together with the creative director, art director, production crew and other art department team members, the DP coordinates the technical aspects of the filming process, such as lighting, visual effects, camera angles, and shots, to achieve the desired look for a particular project. Equally comfortable and productive, whether working autonomously or collaboratively in a daily role. Job duties also include scouting, supervising the camera crew, and maintaining equipment. Need to have a great eye for detail, strong leadership, ability to pivot, and excellent communication/collaboration skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, directs, and shoots film, multimedia, and still shoots while leading production team, on-set teams, and content capture (cameras, lighting, equipment, studio management, etc).
- Highly engaged in the technical aspects of capturing creativity on film, stills, etc.
- Interprets and executes shot lists, mood boards, and creative briefs effectively and determines best capture elements for shooting (filming, equipment, lighting, etc.) on a per-product basis.
- Works back with teams to convey set-ups (lighting, blocking, set design, shoots footage, composition, and framing).
- Partners with internal and external teams to help capture content (still, film, iPhone, etc) from a visual POV.
- Works back with the team to edit, color correct, grade sound, and efficiently deliver assets for various aspect ratios and formats to internal and external partners.
- Selects cameras, accessories, equipment, and film stock, utilizing knowledge of filming techniques and filming requirements.
- Manages CMG studio and equipment needs.
- Must be up-to-date on equipment and employ knowledge and effective use/manipulation of grip and electric tools.
- Manges Internal Content Team (Jr DP, editor, freelance).
- Continuously evaluating needs on a per-product basis.
- Staying on top of budgeting and freelancer needs for each project.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Portfolio/reel showcasing examples of applicable work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Pref in film or cinematography
- 8+ years of experience in film, media, or freelance
- Professional in Video Production/Editing/Cinematography
- Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie
- Adobe Creative Suite with focus on Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in filming, still shots, editing & content capture of high-level video content, including use and maintenance of audio/video hardware and software equipment
- Experience in Digital Content Creation is required
- Proficiency with editing software such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie
- A passion for capturing distinctive content (still or fil/video) that aligns with our core values
- Attention to detail, great communication skills, and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to work and move dynamically to adjust to evolving shoot requests
WHO WE ARE
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660