Design Manager - Restaurant Support TeamNewport Beach, California 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998) - 610 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660 Apply Now
The Design Manager – Restaurant Support Team will support the Director of RST and the wider Center of Excellence team to ensure designs support top-level business objectives. They will have the opportunity to work across select business verticals to ensure designs align with branding, account for technology innovations, and can be replicated across the globe. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization in one of the highest visibility verticals within the business.
HOW YOU’LL LEAD
This position will leverage your strategic thinking and creative abilities while you help deliver and execute the vision for the development and implementation of design strategies that facilitate company-wide goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure restaurant concepts, designs, innovations, refreshes, and remodels are rolled-out on budget and against departmental goals and completion dates
- Assist in establishing and monitoring program budgets, specifically involving Architectural / Engineering fees & programs
- Evaluate and assess opportunities for improved cost efficiencies, as they relate to Architectural / Engineering processes and procedures
- Collaborate with other field-based design managers, construction managers and Ops Services Team on all design deployment efforts.
- Support roll-out of special initiative projects impacting the restaurant environment and collaborate with necessary interdisciplinary partners to complete.
- Review existing restaurant layouts and integrate specific initiative requirements (i.e. installation of new equipment)
- Collaborate with Procurement and Ops Services Team to establish program scope and design methodology for implementation and execution.
- Educate and manage external support resources (Architects / Engineers) in executing various national roll-out programs
- Collaborate with Chipotle RST Construction Managers to educate and support program installation; Contractors executing various national roll-out programs.
- Partner with Property and Facility Managers to identify existing restaurant conditions and integrate relevant maintenance and repair work into national roll-out programs as applicable.
- Support the Design and Construction yearly, quarterly, & monthly objectives, including maintaining relationships with architecture, design and operations consultants.
- Partner with Director of RST other Development teams to ensure new concepts are appropriately translated into roll-out packages.
- Assist the team in deploying all aspects of in-restaurant guest experience and delivering the creative direction of the restaurant environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of progressive experience and knowledge in the field Restaurant and/or Retail Design
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience in restaurant operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Architecture, or Civil Engineering or related field required
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all departments in order to deliver positive outcomes
- Effective communication and advanced project management skills
- Be able to work independently on all aspects of restaurant design & deployment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have solid planning, collaboration and decision-making skills
- Be able to evaluate components of project costs relative to architecture & design
- Proficiency in applicable design tools (Revit/AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe CC Suite, Hand Sketching)
- Proficiency in applicable project management programs (including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Moderate travel required
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
Job: Design, Development
Job Posting: Nov. 07, 2019
Job Number: 19030777