Data Engineer - InternshipNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Intern who will help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our past. If you're one of the super- who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks, love to make a difference, want to cultivate better world, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Data Engineer for the Data, Insights and Analytics team at Chipotle will be assisting in building and maintaining our new enterprise data warehouse on Snowflake. You will be responsible for building data engineering solutions and processes to enable analytics, business intelligence, and Master Data Management. This role will also be responsible for creating and maintaining the new data pipelines to leverage data at scale while helping Chipotle migrate off our legacy data warehouse(s).
To learn more about our Summer Internship Program, please visit jobs.chipotle.com/internships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines using DBT and Azure Data Factory
- Take ownership of maintaining some of our pre-Prod environments
- Collaborate closely with other Lead Developers to solution according to team standards
- Develop high performance scripts in SQL/DBT to achieve optimal objectives of enterprise data, BI and analytics needs
- Incorporate standards and best practices into engineering solutions
- Manage code versions in source control (Azure DevOps) and coordinate changes across team
- Participate in architecture design, discussions, and code reviews
- Provide logical and physical data design, and database modeling
- Solve complex data issues around data integration, unusable data elements, unstructured data sets, and other data processing incidents
- Supports the development and design of the internal data integration framework
- Works with system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Partner with enterprise teams, data scientist, architects to define requirements and solution
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot data integrations for performance and accuracy
- Strong working knowledge of MSSQL and SSIS is preferred
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to detail
- Have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Manage financial information in a confidential and professional manner
- Be highly motivated and flexible
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, , real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com.
range is $25 - $30 per hour, depending on skill level, experience, and/ or education. Compensation offered is also subject to local wage and hour laws.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or due to a disability.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job