Business Intelligence Product OwnerNewport Beach, California 610 Newport Center Drive, 92660
Work directly with BI product manager, technical managers, developers, QA, and scrum masters to deliver BI features. Work with stakeholders to translate vision of the product manager and product features into user stories. Provide direction to the scrum team through writing, grooming, and prioritizing of user stories in the backlog. Provide accountability to the scrum team that the features built meet the intent and criteria described by the business and recorded in the user stories.
Understand the data and reporting needs of Chipotle and how each feature works together to meet those needs. Be the advocate for Chipotle's business with the scrum team. Together with Product Management team, work with stakeholders across the company to understand and define their requirements and priorities for data and reporting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, gather, and write business and functional requirements by breaking features down into user stories with acceptance criteria. Create additional wireframes or requirements documentation as needed to ensure clear communication of requirements to the scrum team.
- Serve as the liaison between business owners and Scrum-based BI development teams
- Own product backlog, with responsibility for grooming and prioritization.
- Adhere to CMG standards for all project related artifacts: features, stories, user interface guides, use case specification, business and system process flows, UAT plans, and change management plans.
- Identify and surface gaps in requirements, cross team and department dependencies and coordination needs, and risks to implementations; work with the right stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Understand BI reporting systems and interdependencies with other corporate and external systems, business processes, and data.
- Attend meetings, kickoffs and work sessions with stakeholders to ensure solid grasp of vision of Product Manager, intent of features and value to be delivered to our customers.
- Work with scrum team and business to ensure delivery is tracked to key business milestones. Ensure business is aware of risks and delays to milestones. Ensure scrum team is made aware of milestone changes from the business.
- Provide user story acceptance for each story in a sprint, verifying all of the user acceptance criteria has been met by the sprint team and the implementation matches the intent of the user story
- Work with business stakeholders to facilitate UAT and prioritize and follow up defect work for the scrum team.
- Lead scrum team sprint demos for stakeholders. Obtain feedback and maintain backlog of enhancements.
- Coordinate business related release activities. Provide support for business change management including user guides, business and system process documentation, and change management plans.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in related field
- 5-8 years of experience in Business Analysis, Product Ownership, or other business-facing BI role with active experience in both waterfall and agile environments and with Scrum methodology.
- Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Can understand, analyze, and articulate both complex business and complex technical concepts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Power BI or a comparable visualization tool
- Experience with enterprise data systems and processes, including data warehouses
- Ability to write SQL Select queries to access and analyze data.
- Possess strong requirements gathering and analysis skills for both business and functional requirements
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment
- Ability to multitask with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving, process, and gap analysis skills
- Experience with the quick service restaurant industry
- Strong familiarity with any/all: MS SQL Server, MS Azure, MS SSRS, MS Analysis Services, Snowflake, and associated ETL tools
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660