Regional Construction ManagerMiddletown, New York 444 Rte 211 E, 10940
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the Construction Manager (CM), you will be responsible for managing multiple general contractors across several geographic markets and instrumental in the successful completion and turnover of restaurants built to Chipotle’s high standards. The CM will work closely with other members of the Triad which include the Real Estate Manager and Design Manager. By conducting frequent, onsite visits of construction projects, the CM ensures that all work is carried out efficiently and with utmost skill - while within financial and timeline forecasts. The CM works effectively with architects, engineers, and landlords throughout this process and ensures that construction design standards and lease terms are accurately being delivered. The CM works with the local Facilities team members to coordinate punch walks, 90-day walks, and 1 year walks as well as communicates appropriately regarding new construction projects with their regional Ops team, Real Estate, Design, Lease Admin, Property Management, and Finance. The CM is responsible for managing communicating with General Contractors (GCs) and Sub-Contractors (Subs) regarding expectations and quality control for their region as well as the Chipotle vision statement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Managing 4 to 8 GCs in the construction of approximately 15-18 new Chipotle restaurants to meet annual development goals. In addition, the CM is responsible in meeting time commitments and budget requirements for the construction of new restaurants.
· Implementing procedures and managing the processes for the successful utilization of outsource GCs, Subs, suppliers, and vendors; and ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of such procedures and processes.
· Instituting and conducting performance evaluations of outsource GCs, Subs, suppliers, and vendors engaged in the new construction process
· Overseeing pre-construction landlord delivery progress, negotiating with Triad support substandard premises delivery (PDR) conditions, and resolving all issues related to the restaurant for 90 days post turnover. Scheduling/coordinating 90-day walks within their respective regions.
· Promoting brand identity by assuring quality of fit and finish, adherence to specifications and standards, compliance with required construction timeframes and approved budgets; and assisting in pre-opening marketing effort.
· Identifying, qualifying, and training outsource GCs to service all active markets within their respective regions. Negotiating scope and fees of services with GCs to meet company new construction budget forecasts/initiatives.
· Ensuring high standards for GC’s by implementing and managing best practices and other programs to improve overall construction discipline and better understand/track GC construction cost trends
· Engaging in clear, consistent communications with Restaurant Support Center, Operations, restaurant staff, landlords, and other Development staff on a frequent basis: demonstrating respect for all disciplines and individuals by showing appreciation for their efforts and contributions
· Ensuring the compliance of outside vendors regarding billing, payments, submittal of required documents, and all construction related documentation during the course of projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· High school diploma or GED required
· BA / BS from 4-year University preferred
· 5-8 years’ construction experience with restaurants focusing on end cap and ground up development
· 3-5 years’ supervisory experience preferred
· Ability to travel extensively as required
· Ability to identify top performers, develop great leaders, ensure high standards, and remove obstacles
· Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to use a PC to access common programs used on a regular basis such as Excel, Word, Reporting Services, Workflow, and Tririga
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,250 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine's Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $91,000 -$165,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: New York - Middletown - 2018 - Middletown_NY-(02018)
2018 - Middletown_NY-(02018)
444 Rte 211 E
- General Manager IrvingTexas 7717 N MacArthur Blvd, Ste 100, Irving 75063-7562 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager PlanoTexas 6202 W Park Blvd, Ste A, Plano 75093 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager AddisonTexas 3771 Belt Line Road, Addison 75001 Apply Now for General Manager Job