Manager, International Food Safety & Quality Assurance (Supply Chain)Marylebone, England 83 Baker Street, W1U 6AG
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The International FSQA Supply Chain Manager will support Chipotle’s international growth by partnering with our suppliers, distributors, and other internal cross functional teams to ensure that world class restaurant food safety and quality assurance programs are implemented consistently across the globe. This individual is a champion for the enhancement of supplier quality assurance and food safety of all categories including meat and poultry, produce, dairy, and prepared foods as well as other ingredients as assigned by the Director of FSQA. Many of the categories managed by this manager are inherently high-risk to Chipotle's business and require specialized education, knowledge, and experience in food science, risk management, and an understanding of the regulatory landscapes in Europe and the Middle East.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Manage and own all FSQA documentation for assigned supplier operations including product specifications, collection and review of 3rd party audits, allergen documentation, labeling, and vendor QA and food safety program documentation
· Conduct onboarding, routine, and "for cause" on-site assessments of each supplier and distribution operation in our European and Middle Eastern markets. Comprehensive audit reports will be written and kept on file detailing all observations and corrective actions related to each assessment. Assessments will result in continued quality and safety performance of suppliers and other supply chain partners
· Manage the execution of product removals and recalls as well as communications from and to our distribution center partners
· Conduct investigations with restaurants and suppliers to resolve quality and food safety issues associated with assigned categories; investigating customer incidents related to assigned items
· Execute Vendor Performance tracking and scorecard program for assigned markets. Analyze and use data collected from Food Quality Reporting system to communicate opportunities and successes with suppliers
· Monitoring industry best practices and technology developments for assigned markets associated with quality, safety, and regulatory activities/trends that may impact Chipotle Supply Chain or restaurant operations. Implement food safety improvements to recipes or processes such as inhibitor addition, microbiological interventions, etc... when risks have been identified
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· Master’s Degree (MS) required (MS/PhD preferred)
· 5-8 years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance - Microbiology, Meat Science or similar field
· Fluency in English and another European language (French/German/Spanish)
· Training, certification and experience conducting supplier assessments both on-farm and in facilities including GMP assessments for packing and processing facilities.
· Comprehensive food safety and quality assurance knowledge of assigned categories and markets. This includes but is not limited to quality, food safety, regulatory requirements, food science, labeling, and food preparation
· Training, certification and experience and strong working knowledge of EFSA, CODEX, Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority regulations, GAPs, GMPs, Food Code, HACCP, SSOPs. USDA and US FDA knowledge is also preferred.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to collect and utilize data to create reports for leadership
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the company and with suppliers
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task. High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Able to work remote and while traveling
· Be driven to continuously improve, be self-motivated, manage time constraints, and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
· Have a working understanding of domestic and international regulations related to nutrition and allergen policy
· Be able to perform occasional QA and sensory evaluations on a variety of foods including highly spicy foods, animal proteins including pork, and other ingredients as required.
· Experience in the QSR industry preferred.
· Ability to monitor an online Food Quality Reporting System including some weekends and holidays.
· Able to travel to distribution centers and suppliers to conduct audits and quality evaluations (up to 80%)
· Willing to work on programs and projects outside of one’s responsibility to assure the job gets done
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
Primary Location: England - Marylebone - 9013 - International Operations-(09013)
9013 - International Operations-(09013)
83 Baker Street
Marylebone W1U 6AG
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 10510 Stockdale Hwy, Bakersfield 93311 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job
- Apprentice General Manager BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager - California BakersfieldCalifornia 2630 Mt Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield 93306 Apply Now for General Manager - California Job