Regional Construction ManagerLas Vegas, Nevada 2540 South Decatur Blvd., 89102
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Construction Manager (CM) role is responsible for managing multiple general contractors across several geographic markets and is instrumental in the successful completion and turnover of restaurants built to Chipotle’s high standards. By conducting frequent, onsite, quality assurance evaluation of vendors, the CM ensures that all work is carried out efficiently and with utmost skill - while within financial and timeline forecasts. The CM works effectively with architects, engineers, and landlords throughout this process and ensures that construction design standards and lease terms are accurately being delivered. The CM works with the local Facilities team members to coordinate punch walks, 90-day walks, and 1 year walks as well as communicates appropriately regarding new construction projects with their regional Ops team, Real Estate, Design, Lease Admin, Property Management, and Finance. The CM is responsible for managing
communicating with General Contractors (GCs) and Sub-Contractors (Subs) regarding expectations and quality control for their region as well as the Chipotle vision statement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing 4 to 8 GCs in the construction of new Chipotle restaurants to meet time commitments and ensuring GC resources are meeting/exceeding budget requirements for new construction
- Implementing procedures and managing the processes for the successful utilization of outsource GCs, Subs, suppliers, and vendors; and ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of such procedures and processes
- Instituting and conducting performance evaluations of outsource GCs, Subs, suppliers, and vendors engaged in the new construction process
- Overseeing pre-construction landlord delivery progress, negotiating with Triad support substandard premises delivery (PDR) conditions, and resolving all issues related to the restaurant for 90 days post turnover. Scheduling/coordinating 90-day walks within their respective regions
- Identifying, qualifying, and training outsource GCs to service all active markets within their respective regions
- Negotiating scope and fees of services with GCs to meet company new construction budget forecasts/initiatives
- Promoting brand identity by assuring quality of fit and finish, adherence to specifications and standards, compliance with required construction timeframes and approved budgets; and assisting in pre-opening marketing effort
- Ensuring high standards for GC’s by implementing and managing best practices and other programs to improve overall construction discipline and better understand/track GC construction cost trends
- Engaging in clear, consistent communications with Restaurant Support Center, Operations, restaurant staff, landlords, and other Development staff on a frequent basis: demonstrating respect for all disciplines and individuals by showing appreciation for their efforts and contributions
- Ensuring the compliance of outside vendors regarding billing, payments, submittal of required documents, and all construction related documentation during the course of projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: BA / BS from 4-year University
- # of Years: 5-8
- Type/Description: Construction experience with restaurants focusing on end cap and ground up development
- # of Years: 3-5 years
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Required: Be able to travel extensively as required
- Preferred: Be able to identify top performers, develop great leaders, ensure high standards, and remove obstacles
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Required: Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to use a PC to access common programs used on a regular basis such as Excel, Word, Reporting Services, Workflow, and Tririga
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $89,000 to $161,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: Nevada - Las Vegas - 99321 - Nevada Field Support-(99321)
99321 - Nevada Field Support-(99321)
2540 South Decatur Blvd.
Las Vegas 89102