Kansas City, Missouri
4851 Main Street, 64112
Our crew members enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our crew members are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Chipotle, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our crew members play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Varies Mid-Senior
- No Travel
Cultivating the Best You
Start Here, Grow Here
We love promoting from within. In fact, over 80% of our leaders started as Crew Members and have found a career at Chipotle.
- Crew, Full Time $44,300
- Kitchen Manager $49,200
- Service Manager $52,400
- Apprentice $70,000
- General Manager $89,900
The company-wide averages reflected above are for illustrative purposes only; actual individual compensation will vary based on performance and other factors.
But First, School
Education is everything. That’s why we provide benefits to help our people graduate debt free.
Spend quality time with the people you love— and the food you love to eat.
>Cough, Stay Home
Feeling sick? Take the time you need to rest up and feel like yourself again..
Free Food, For Real
Whenever a burrito (or bowl) calls your name, we’ve got you.
There are two types: vacation and sick time. Accrue up to 120 vacation hours a year and get 24 hours of sick time, depending on your state's sick leave laws. Vacation accrues upon start date. We provide 3 weeks.
What makes a successful Kitchen Leader? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right skill level.
- Good listener
“We garner amazing results but it wouldn’t be possible without bringing that family-like culture to the table.“- Haris Khan, VP, Operations Services
Where work is like a burritoWell-rounded and full of your favorite things.
Let’s talk details
See what being a Kitchen Leader is all about, from daily responsibilities to general requirements
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As Kitchen Leader, you will learn how to prepare great food, grill meats, and sauté vegetables. You are responsible for making sure our food is absolutely delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers.
The Kitchen Leader helps ensure the quality and safety of Chipotle’s delicious food every day. They see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked; and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process they are serving as a role model for Crew members, helping them learn to become future Kitchen Leaders. At its core, as with every position at Chipotle, it is about promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, the Kitchen Leaders are always busy on their feet, accomplishing their station’s goals, taking on tasks that they see that need to get done, and pitching-in to help their teammates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
- Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
- Supporting a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
- Developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Leaders
- Communicating with Crew members and customers effectively in order to ensure great customer service and throughput
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
- Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
- Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
- Filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Inventory Rotation (FIFO)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have Chipotle Crew member experience
- Have the ability to understand and articulate Chipotle’s Food With Integrity philosophy
- Have the knowledge and ability to speak, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
- Have a high school diploma
- Have restaurant experience
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. With employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: Missouri - Kansas City - 0648 - Main Street KC-(00648)
0648 - Main Street KC-(00648)
4851 Main Street
Kansas City 64112
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job