Apprentice Facilities ManagerKansas City, Missouri 1713 W. 39th Street, 64111
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Apprentice Facilities Manager (AFM) acts as a Facilities Specialist (FS) for a smaller number of designated restaurants while performing additional tasks such as managing minor remodel projects and reinvestment work, handling and resolving unplanned emergencies, assist with budget forecasting and mentoring FS development. He/she leads the Ownership program for their designated region while ensuring that FS’s meet targeted participation levels for their applicable restaurants. The AFM also identifies potential FS candidates and trains newly hired FS’s within their region. He/she works with the Facilities Manager (FM) to monitor the budget and communicate with their regional Ops team. The AFM communicates with vendors regarding expectations and quality control for their region as it relates to daily M&R issues or reinvestment projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage all Facilities related items within a microregion. Including 4-6 direct reports.
- Ensuring regional Facilities Specialists are meeting/exceeding the requirements for budgetary compliance as it relates to M&R and assisting with specific trouble areas by identifying M&R discrepancies
- Mentoring and developing FS’s; demonstrating respect for them as individuals and showing appreciation for their efforts and contributions. Driving all aspects of the Facilities Specialist’s performance and Ownership; serving as a Facilities Leader for restaurants within their respective regions.
- Ensures that FS inventory stock levels are appropriate, work trucks are clean, uniform is up to standard, and paperwork is completed in a timely manner. Ensures the compliance of internal policies and procedures (e.g., people, safety, assets, travel, inventory, and p-card processes)
- Empowering FS’s to deliver high standards and expectations based off of area restaurant visits, interactions with restaurant staff, and maintaining vendor relationships
- Engaging in clear, consistent communications with Wynkoop staff, property management, lease administration, field leadership, restaurant staff, and other Development staff.
- Leading minor remodel projects as assigned from Regional FM (e.g., scoping work, bid requests, approval, budgetary guidelines and communication with all appropriate departments)
- Attends kick off calls when FM is unable.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have Facilities experience in either the Specialist or Manager role
- Have knowledge of and the ability to perform the Facilities Specialist job
- Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
- Be able to identify top performers, show ability to empower team, develop great leaders, ensure high standards and remove obstacles
- Have thorough knowledge of Chipotle culture and be committed to the values of the company as well as high level of Ownership mentality
- Be a top performer with great mentoring/leadership abilities
- Have the ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s)
- Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to use a PC to access common programs used on a regular basis such as Excel, Word, and Reporting Services.
- Be able to travel occasionally
- Have a P-Card Excellence Rating of 2 or better, and minimal inventory variances of less than $300 per quarter for past year
- Have sign-off from RD/TD for mentoring/leadership abilities within the region
- Possess Ownership within assigned restaurants at a minimum of 85% average
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,800 restaurants as of March 31, 2021, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With over 97,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and former executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $60,000 to $105,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com
Primary Location: Missouri - Kansas City - 0016 - Bell-(00016)
0016 - Bell-(00016)
1713 W. 39th Street
Kansas City 64111